Hacking (HELP) In emummc, no games are playable, all games boot into error message

reclus1v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a OG model switch with an emummc partition. I installed the latest DeepSea package and updated a couple of cfw on the HB appstore and after I did that, none of my games would boot properly and all booted straight into the error message. All of my games are nsp titles and they were working earlier in the day. What do I do to fix this?

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1) Don't use DeepSea, only use vanilla CFW files of Atmosphere/hekate or other stuff and install them manually, packs like DS are prone to run into issues.
2) Have you installed sigpatches in order for dumps to be playable?
3) If you got rid off DS and made sure you installed sigpatches and the errors still occur after (deleting and) reinstalling the games, visiting the maintenance mode could help.

Last edited by HalfScoper,

reclus1v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Don't use DeepSea, only use vanilla CFW files of Atmosphere or hekate and other stuff manually, packs like DS are prone to run into issues.
3) If you got rid off DS and made sure you installed sigpatches and the errors still occur after (deleting and) reinstalling the games, visiting the maintenance mode could help.
Thanks for the help!
1) Is getting the files for atmosphere and hekate through HB Appstore and All In One updater ok, or should I get them directly from the github repositories?
2) What's a good resource to get sigpatches from?

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the help!
1) Is getting the files for atmosphere and hekate through HB Appstore and All In One updater ok, or should I get them directly from the github repositories?
2) What's a good resource to get sigpatches from?
1) Same as with DeepSea, any other kind of AIO tool will sooner or later run into issues, I seen it often enough and in the end removing AIOs and manually installing stuff from their respective GitHub/GBAtemp sources fixed it. Again, make sure to completely remove DeepSea or alike beforehand by checking the archives for the contents and removing things from your SD respectively.
A good source for guides to install CFW properly can be found here https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy , be sure to click through everything and read the instructions before attempting to follow them.
2) https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ but they arent updated to support FW 17.0.0, only 16.1.0 for now, will be only a matter of time though.

reclus1v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Don't use DeepSea, only use vanilla CFW files of Atmosphere/hekate or other stuff and install them manually, packs like DS are prone to run into issues.
Hey I installed atmosphere manually, got the sigpatches, and got rid of DS, but it still wasn't working, so I disabled all my sysmodules and on restart my games were booting perfectly fine. I thought I had an older version of Tesla that doesn't work with atmosphere 1.6.1, but Tesla was one of the cfw I updated on HB Appstore upon installing DS and afterwards my games stopped working, so it beats me what's wrong but I'm keeping sysmodules off for now. BTW only sysmodules I had enabled was Tesla, SaltyNX, and sys-clk.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's probably your culprit, it already caused issues for certain games in the past and I bet that the lack of updates made it completely incompatible eventually. I also use sys-clk (and the Tesla menu/overlay) without issues, although not on 17.0.0, but 16.0.3 instead.

Reactions: mikefor20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols