HELP IM SO SCARED (ACNL Hacking)

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by lahves, Mar 2, 2017.

1. lahves
    OP

lahves Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    Okay, so I've been playing ACNL ever since it came out and been hacking it with the ram editor for at least 2 years, and yesterday I made a new town (reset my old one). I still have the save files of my old one though. I went to edit my town with the RAM Editor, and I wanted to change the grass to revive it all.

I saw this.

Notice the word at the top left? Yeah. It says 'Dummy'
    I don't know what's going on. It's in the area where there isn't grass, on the train tracks.
    I didn't change it before or anything. And this is really scaring me... It's pretty creepy and disturbing, along with the fact that one person had visited my town before.

Sigh. I guess it's time for another reset...

Attached Files:

2. doughmay

doughmay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    The Temp
    Did you backup your save before editing? Why didn't you just use acnl save editor it has town rearranging and villager modifications as well as player modifications, acnl save editor has a user friendly GUI up front so you don't have to fiddle with ram values it does it for you.

3. mario-lucis-caelum

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    Ohhh nice creepypasta :)

bunnyzombie likes this.
  4. eechigoo

eechigoo GBATemp Rabbit

Dec 22, 2016
    Mexico
    Hell
    and then you found shizue p0rn under the bed and it was filled with jizz right?

if you want me to hack some stuff for you given you just reset,just tell me,k?

CoNzz likes this.
  5. adonreborn

adonreborn Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    United States
    Didn't realise I was on r/nosleep

6. Chansey

Chansey Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    Any updates OP? was it a ghost?

7. Lordsble

Lordsble Pokémon Trainer

Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    It's nothing really. Every, if not most, towns have that in the top left corner. It was left by the developers for testing purposes.
    Being your were never meant to access that area therefore never being able to see it.
    A lot of games use the name, "Dummy" in the files for testing various assets of the game. So long story short, don't worry about it. :D

8. Pluupy

Pluupy Woof!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Basically this. DUMMY is the testing ground for developers to make sure the environment is functioning as it should. Many developers leave such things in the game even in the final product because the player won't see it anyway.

Dummy as in "testing dummy", not the insult.