Homebrew Help. I think I bricked my 3DS

SockmanTGR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I'm on an o3ds and i used an updater for luma that I had from the fbi downloader. and after it was done the system rebooted but nothing happened so I pressed the power button, Blue light came on for a second and then turned off. tried again same result. pulled the sd card. same result. any ideas to fix this? haven't really done much on this lately so not really sure what I should try.

hurrz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey I'm on an o3ds and i used an updater for luma that I had from the fbi downloader. and after it was done the system rebooted but nothing happened so I pressed the power button, Blue light came on for a second and then turned off. tried again same result. pulled the sd card. same result. any ideas to fix this? haven't really done much on this lately so not really sure what I should try.

First things first, you DID NOT BRICK! The 8.x versions of Luma just are neither compatible with A9LH nor with older versions of B9S. :-)

You just have to first update Boot9Strap and then Luma. Nothing to worry about!

Just follow this guide if you already got an early version of B9S:
https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s

If you are on A9LH, then follow this guide:
https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Make sure you follow the guide step by step! Have fun! :-)

Last edited by hurrz,

SockmanTGR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First things first, you DID NOT BRICK! The 8.x versions of Luma just are neither compatible with A9LH nor with older versions of B9S. :-)

You just have to first update Boot9Strap and then Luma. Nothing to worry about!

Just follow this guide if you already got an early version of B9S:
https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s

If you are on A9LH, then follow this guide:
https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Make sure you follow the guide step by step! Have fun! :-)
Hey Thanks for your help. I'm actually having issues with the last part of the update tutorial I was unable to locate the script mentioned in it(don't know if I'm an idiot or it's just not there any more) but since I couldn't find the file when i was putting stuff on the sd card i'm kinda stuck at this part. i did get back into the system though so thanks for that. any clue what I should do about the missing script though?

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hey Thanks for your help. I'm actually having issues with the last part of the update tutorial I was unable to locate the script mentioned in it(don't know if I'm an idiot or it's just not there any more) but since I couldn't find the file when i was putting stuff on the sd card i'm kinda stuck at this part. i did get back into the system though so thanks for that. any clue what I should do about the missing script though?
Can you show us what step of the guide you got stuck on? So we can understand what do you mean by "script" :)

Reactions: hurrz

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You have to download the file under "What you need" using a torrent client for example deluge. Then, put that file on your SD card and you should be good to go!
Let me fix something, the torrent thing is not needed for .gm9 files since those don't use any of Nintendo's code. Plus I already gave him the link on this post
Here

That's the script you need

SockmanTGR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Totally just saw that. I had the file already. I downloaded it. I was looking in one of the other files... Lol sorry for extending this farther.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo