Hacking Help I stript my Screw!

indiraider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. LOL (I'm laughing now but I am still super pissed off)
I bought my wiikey, triwing screwdriver 2 weeks ago at Eurasia and my gdr8164b at newegg. I bought all my soldering gear 3 days ago practiced for two days straight on circuit boards. Today I finally get enough nerve to open up my wii. When I finally get to the last few screws, there are two triwing screws on deep inside the system and one in the face plate that wont come out. I already stripped them. Fuck im so pissed off! I'm going to return my system to the store tomorrow and see if I could get a replacement and try again. Any tips on unscrewing so I don't mess up again? I though I would be good if I bought a tri wing driver but I guess not.
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

indiraider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks man , I'm going to see if I can return it for a new wii first though and see what happens.

What store?
Are Wii's pretty available these days? I haven't really checked since I got mine...

Lol, I thought they were availible now but i guess i was wrong
rolleyes.gif
I still returned my wii though because I really messed up the case behind the gc black faceplate trying to get the screw out with the soldering iron. I found out the problem, its the stupid cheap quality screwdriver supplied by Eurasia. The problem with it is it's too pointy and should be flatter to fix wii screws. I found a great American hardware store that sells triwing screw drivers out of a hundred piece set for only five bucks. It seems that they are more heavy duty but I cannot vouch for them working on the wii because I haven't bought them yet. I am most concerned that they will not be thin enough to fit in the tubes for the two tri-wing screws on the wii. Here is the link
Harbor Freight-Triwing set. Tell me what you think about this set because I plan on getting it once I get a wii, its good because I can pick it up locally (South Maryland). That leads me to actually getting a new wii:

So now I am sitting with a bunch of wii backups and opened wiikey shut in the opened static bag with no shaqfuing wii. Walmart is supposed to get a shipment tomorrow, so ill try my luck there. I guess Sony executives meant the wii when they said you can't find any per store.
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

scottrleo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. LOL (I'm laughing now but I am still super pissed off)
I bought my wiikey, triwing screwdriver 2 weeks ago at Eurasia and my gdr8164b at newegg. I bought all my soldering gear 3 days ago practiced for two days straight on circuit boards. Today I finally get enough nerve to open up my wii. When I finally get to the last few screws, there are two triwing screws on deep inside the system and one in the face plate that wont come out. I already stript them. Fuck im so pissed off! I'm going to return my system to the store tomorrow and see if I could get a replacement and try again. Any tips on unscrewing so I don't mess up again? I though I would be good if I bought a tri wing driver but I guess not.Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif

Listen, I'm no grammar Nazi but did you really use the word "stript"??

Not everything is spelled like it sounds.

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so the screwdrivers too pointy eh? Good to know. Maybe I'll take a grinding wheel to mine to size up the bit a little better. Hope I don't run into these problems.

indiraider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so the screwdrivers too pointy eh? Good to know. Maybe I'll take a grinding wheel to mine to size up the bit a little better. Hope I don't run into these problems.

Yes the driver at Eurasia sucks, I was thinking about buying the driver from mod chip man for ten dollars but your idea seems a lot better. Could you tell me in more detail, what you're planning to do? Also heres a tip, if you feel like your screw driver is sliding past the screw when you turn it STOP. I found out the hard way, the screws cut like butter. What does anyone think of my link that I posted, do you think that the screws will work?

arthurkok2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so the screwdrivers too pointy eh? Good to know. Maybe I'll take a grinding wheel to mine to size up the bit a little better. Hope I don't run into these problems.

Yes the driver at Eurasia sucks, I was thinking about buying the driver from mod chip man for ten dollars but your idea seems a lot better. Could you tell me in more detail, what you're planning to do? Also heres a tip, if you feel like your screw driver is sliding past the screw when you turn it STOP. I found out the hard way, the screws cut like butter. What does anyone think of my link that I posted, do you think that the screws will work?

i found one of ebay. It worked great!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=280089360544

GaryD

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes be very careful with the triwings, they are a stupid design. You might be able to jam a small flat blade in, that is what I did. Make sure you put a lot of downwards pressure so that they do not strip. Once you get them out, throw them out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1