Hacking [HELP!] How to install and use Arm9loaderHax???

skateredm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys!

I have some problems, and I need help from anyone who is willing to do this.

1) I have 2 3DS (one OLD "1" and one NEW "2") and i following the guide from this link https://3ds.guide/ . Well, i got stuck in the "Section I - Prep work", after do all the guide says and download all the archives needed to it, i cant get through the step 6 (on the source 3DS, hold Start on boot to launch Hourglass9). The 3DS "1" has rxTools installed and emuNAND9, and i tried rename the file for the one listed in the tutorialm but without sucess. This is a print of my current SD card files.

upload_2016-12-14_22-43-1.png

2) When 3DS "1" load the emuNAND by the rxTools, works fine, i can install all cias and homebrew and stuff, but i cant run DSI games for the DSIdowngrade, even the ones i buyed in the Nintendo e-Shop (first i tried downloaded them in the freeshop, no sucess, then i put some credits in the e-Shop and buyed two games of the list in the section "What you need", the games was "5 IN 1 Solitaire" and "Sudoku", and in both i get the same black screen "An error has occurred. Press and hold the power button to turn the system off". I had seen a tutorial who says the rxTools wont work with DSI or GBA games, if that its true, theres a way somehow to bypass this error?

3) I tried following the instructions in this guide https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh to install (i know it says "UPDATE", then as i dont have it installed, i followed from there), but got stucked (again) in the
"Section II - Payload update 1- Boot the device while holding D-Pad down", i have to do this in the sysNAND or in the emuNAND? Because i tried in both "NAND" and didnt work at all. And i downloaded all the files and And strictly followed all the rules contained there.

4) Can u guys link a tutotial to get it installed from the very start? My 3DS "1" has been downgraded to 9.2.0-20U (sysNAND) and the "NAND´s" are unlinked. The emuNAND is in the most current version released by NINTENDO.

Thanks for all who help me in advance.

Attachments

• my 16gb SD card.jpg
    my 16gb SD card.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 202

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi like Imacaredformy2ds said you should first install Luma and A9LH to your Source 3ds.
Otherwise you wouldn t be able to chainload Hourglass9 by holding down Start at Boot.
You can start here https://3ds.guide/decrypt9-(browser) to install AL9H to your Source 3ds. After installing you should be on latest Luma then your fine to continue the Guide.

Last edited by crazy_p,

skateredm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know I'm going to sound like a luma master race drone, but no one is going to help you if you have RX. TRY to get luma so you can get noticed

lol thanks for nothing "luma user master race", but i questioned 4 things, the ones with the "Rx" is just TWO of them.

anyway, thanks for the link, crazy_p. I will do my best with that info you gave to me.

Last edited by skateredm,

skateredm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, somehow i did finished install the Luma in my N3DS, but i have one more question... can i delete the "NAND" files in the "files9" folder? In the last step of the Plailect´s guide (https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax) says

"You can remove any extra files and folders from the root of the SD card that are not in the following list:

+ 3ds
+ files9
+ hblauncherloader
+ luma
+ Nintendo 3DS
+ arm9loaderhax.bin
+ boot.3dsx"

but in the files9 folder theres some "NAND" backups, i already did a copy of them in a safe place, as the tutorial said so many times.

Theres a screenshot of the actual contents in the "files9" folder.

upload_2016-12-17_22-54-38.png

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over