Homebrew HELP - How can I totally uninstall this application on my 2DS called FBI?

ArgonauticaX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to totally remove the hack (I sell hacked 3DSes and a client wanted a stock one) - read this. https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh (There is an option to removing it as well.)

But everything should work fine with the proper files on the sd card. If you don't want A9LH, you can potentially ignore everything (FBI included).
Thanks, will read it later when I get home

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, being able to buy a cfw system on accident isn't something you see every day. Like some other people have said if you really just want a stock system then you can Uninstall the hacks, and I think you should be able to restore the original health and safety app too(I know it's possible, but I've never done it without the original app to inject in the first place). What people haven't mentioned do far, which actually bothers me a bit tbh, is that the benefits of a hacked system are not limited to piracy. Before you uninstall this and have a vanilla system you may want to look around the forums and see what's available to you. Not everyone here is focused on stealing games =P

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh wow, being able to buy a cfw system on accident isn't something you see every day. Like some other people have said if you really just want a stock system then you can Uninstall the hacks, and I think you should be able to restore the original health and safety app too(I know it's possible, but I've never done it without the original app to inject in the first place). What people haven't mentioned do far, which actually bothers me a bit tbh, is that the benefits of a hacked system are not limited to piracy. Before you uninstall this and have a vanilla system you may want to look around the forums and see what's available to you. Not everyone here is focused on stealing games =P

Some people just want a vanilla console so it's easier not to mess things up. I have clients who have kids and they can/and will delete stuff using FBI.

ArgonauticaX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to totally remove the hack (I sell hacked 3DSes and a client wanted a stock one) - read this. https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh (There is an option to removing it as well.)

But everything should work fine with the proper files on the sd card. If you don't want A9LH, you can potentially ignore everything (FBI included).
I can totally remove by following the steps in there, or is there another part I have to follow which lets me totally remove it?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can totally remove by following the steps in there, or is there another part I have to follow which lets me totally remove it?
We highly recommend you don't remove A9LH/CFW. Depending on your system version, it would be very difficult to reinstall A9LH/CFW after it's removed. In addition, the system is more valuable with it than without it.

And as many of us have already said, you can ignore the hacks if you choose to, and you're not going to notice the difference.

Edit: I should also mention that having A9LH is a form of brick-protection. If something goes wrong at the software level, it gives you the opportunity to fix things.

Last edited by Lacius,

ArgonauticaX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This will still leave you with FBI and tickets from previously installed games.
Oh okay thanks :)
We highly recommend you don't remove A9LH/CFW. Depending on your system version, it would be very difficult to reinstall A9LH/CFW after it's removed. In addition, the system is more valuable with it than without it.

And as many of us have already said, you can ignore the hacks if you choose to, and you're not going to notice the difference.

Yeah I decided not to tamper with any of it (since it's clearly obvious that I have no experience with it at ALL :rofl2:). I'll keep it and maybe use it in the near future.

Reactions: Lacius

ArgonauticaX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Edit: I should also mention that having A9LH is a form of brick-protection. If something goes wrong at the software level, it gives you the opportunity to fix things.

Yeah, I decided not to tamper with any of it (Because obviously I have no experience with any of this at ALL :rofl2:). I might decide using it in the near future though, soooo yeah :)

Edit: Wait wat I already sent the same message twice lol disregard this one xD

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yeah I decided not to tamper with any of it (since it's clearly obvious that I have no experience with it at ALL :rofl2:). I'll keep it and maybe use it in the near future.
Great choice! If you plan to use them, please update A9LH (https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh).
As for must have homebrew apps, I'd recommend you to install StarUpdater-UN (and if you want games, freeShop) using the TitleDB option in FBI. StarUpdater-UN is a Luma3DS CFW updater.

VassagoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also make a copy of your NAND as is, which can help save you from potential problems with the system software that you would otherwise not be able to easily avoid without a9lh. As others have said, there's nothing wrong with keeping it as is and just pretending it's not there. You can still do EVERYTHING you could do without it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because I said you were big that one time you believed me
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The shameful part is, I fell so in love with her mask. If I could find the real woman she pretended to be I would die for her without a moments hesitation.
    Truly loved what was never there
    I would have fought demons, gods, armies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Be gentle, I've never done this before." What, biatch you got 3 kids already. Lol, I know loves sucks hard when bad, but really good when good.
    +2
    Lol BigOnYa I hear "I don't usually do sex on the first date" like every 2 to 3 weeks now...
    +1
    I never quite know how to respond lol
    Apparently saying nothing is the correct response lol
    I know they be lying but damn I need something
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You say " is your boyfriend gonna stay and watch, or should I call A cab for him"
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Psionic Roshambo I have alot of family that lives in St pete, Clearwater, Tampa area, what part of FL you in?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    what is good, family
    Elfers Florida lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Where is that, city close to
    Lived in Hudson from 1999-2023
    Like hmm 45 minutes north of Tampa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is nice down there, better than Ohio where I am, but I can't take the heat, year round
    Yeah the next 4 months pretty much suck
    Ohio I have been too a few times
    +1
    Born in Michigan and moved to Florida at 16 lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm near Columbus, suburbs called Hilliard.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    are you doxxing yourselves?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, I mean I'm in north Korea
    Lol Doxing is for people with something to hide
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Doxing is for people with something to hide