Help Guys i have 2 big problems please

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by docxsido, Oct 20, 2016.

1. docxsido
    OP

docxsido Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2016
    Antigua and Barbuda
    hey guys , i just wanna know why is my system using 1100mb of my 8GB vita card ? and how can i reduce it ?
    and the free space is 5GB but when i want to transfer Resident evil revelations 2 3.8GB folder to my vita via savedata method so i can install it with maidump , it told me i don't have enough space , please help

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Assuming it's in "System Use", those files are miscellaneous things not covered by the other categories. If you're using Henkaku, that means any additional homebrew files like data files or ROMS for emulators or any stray .vpk sitting in your memory card.

So delete any stray .vpks you have sitting around, or clean up some of your ROMs for emulators.

If you don't think you have either of those taking up space, try formatting the memory card.

3. docxsido
    OP

docxsido Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2016
    Antigua and Barbuda
    i'll try to delete those files , but now what about my 2nd problem please ?

4. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    completely .. side move but.. i have had my vita around 3 years... and i deleted my trophies yesterday.. and saved 500mb ..,,
    as for your issue buy a bigger memory card .. i have had the 64 gig one since i bought my vita ,, it came with it ... but on my vita its says i have 59 gigs .. so i have lost 5 gigs on the system somehow ... ? ..

5. Ganoncrotch

Ganoncrotch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 21, 2016
    It isn't a case that the system is using any of the memory card for the system data Dan, the 64GB card is listed as 64GB based on 64,000,000,000Bytes since Harddrive and storage capacity is always listed as Bytes on the drive, but for each KB in terms of PC's storage they need 1024bytes, again going into MB you need 1024KBs per MB and again with GB it requires 1024MB per GB of storage as windows or operating systems will list it.

So yeah
    64,000,000,000bytes
    /1024
    62,500,000KB
    /1024
    61,035MB
    /1024
    59.6GB

As you see there, the Vita hasn't taken any of the space with system usage, but you've just lost it because storage is sold in Bytes but that isn't how we view KB/MB or GB.

I made an account here just to write this... I'm super fun at parties.

Tony_93, ObeSeeker, SuperDan and 2 others like this.
  6. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    Oh well that's sums it up for me!

7. Ganoncrotch

Ganoncrotch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 21, 2016
    Yeah it's the same reason that a 500GB hard drive will always be like 465 and a 1TB drive comes into the PC at 930 or 931

SuperDan likes this.