Homebrew Help getting Soulsilver WFC using Action Replay to work.

Nicky P

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have set up an open guest wifi and tried using said wifi to connect to the Wifi plaza with the Action replay code. Yet everytime I try to connect, after a minute of the 3 bars being green, It says it could not connect. Any fix for this or is it just my router or something like that?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have set up an open guest wifi and tried using said wifi to connect to the Wifi plaza with the Action replay code. Yet everytime I try to connect, after a minute of the 3 bars being green, It says it could not connect. Any fix for this or is it just my router or something like that?
Is your network security WEP or WPA2? The DS only supported WEP, with few exceptions such as Pokemon gen 5. Gen 4 did not have this. My workaround is using a phone hotspot with no password and set it to whitelist the 3ds while blacklisting everything else.

EDIT: I reread the post, you probably know this already. I know altwfc also has a custom dns associated with it. Did you try anything along those lines in the game's dns settings?

Last edited by Giodude,

Nicky P

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wifi is currently set to Wpa2. I will try your method and see if it works. Thanks for the idea

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Unfortunately, the hotspot method did not work. I might just have to change my router security to WEP for the time being

EDIT: I reread the post, you probably know this already. I know altwfc also has a custom dns associated with it. Did you try anything along those lines in the game's dns settings?
For the past few days I have tried to get this to work, I have changed the Primary/Secondary Dns to 104.131.93.87

Reactions: Giodude

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I've been having issues connecting to altwfc as well. I started using WFZwei instead. Use 172.104.88.237 as the DNS. You'll also need to delete your WFC configuration and re-input your wifi info. When you re-input, don't touch the secondary DNS. I noticed that I couldn't connect to WFZwei if they were both the same. If you need to set a secondary DNS, I recommend puntCAT (109.69.8.51), since it only has one DNS Server associated with it, and does not require registering an account or linking a device to use.

Nicky P

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having issues connecting to altwfc as well. I started using WFZwei instead. Use 172.104.88.237 as the DNS. You'll also need to delete your WFC configuration and re-input your wifi info. When you re-input, don't touch the secondary DNS. I noticed that I couldn't connect to WFZwei if they were both the same. If you need to set a secondary DNS, I recommend puntCAT (109.69.8.51), since it only has one DNS Server associated with it, and does not require registering an account or linking a device to use.
Hmm. Tried WFZwei and it still has the same error. Also tried WFZwei with puntCAT and same error.
EDIT: Correction, different error from before. Now says Unable to connect to Wifi Connection instead of Access Point (20100 is the new error code)

Last edited by Nicky P,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Tried WFZwei and it still has the same error. Also tried WFZwei with puntCAT and same error.
EDIT: Correction, different error from before. Now says Unable to connect to Wifi Connection instead of Access Point (20100 is the new error code)

Did you reset WFC configuration?

That error also happens if your AR code isn't working (SSL isn't patched). Are you using a flashcart? Some flashcarts don't support ROM patch code types due to how they handle the loading of ROMs.

Edit: You need to configure connections in-game (NOT through System Settings; the option is always greyed out there) in order to reset WFC configuration. Go to the Options menu and select 'Erase Nintendo WFC Configuration' when you get to it.

Last edited by Maq47,

Nicky P

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you reset WFC configuration?

That error also happens if your AR code isn't working (SSL isn't patched). Are you using a flashcart? Some flashcarts don't support ROM patch code types due to how they handle the loading of ROMs.

Edit: You need to configure connections in-game (NOT through System Settings; the option is always greyed out there) in order to reset WFC configuration. Go to the Options menu and select 'Erase Nintendo WFC Configuration' when you get to it.
I tried to do that and I dont have the option in game

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I just saw this. The WiFi Plaza isn't implemented in the DWC Emulator, so it wouldn't work on altwfc or WFZwei, anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.