Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
HI! New here! First post.

I have a "huge" problem. I can no longer access to The Homebrew Luncher 2.5 through ThemeHax.
I used to use TubeHax, but before Nintendo pathced that, I installed ThemeHax through BrowserHax as an entrypoint. When Smea released the Homebrew Launcher 2.5, i updated the Payloads, and used Menu_Hax_Manager_Tool, and "re-installed it".
Everything worked as usual, normal, until a few hours ago.
I found that here you can ask for Custom Themes Requests... So I downloaded one Custom Theme. Precisely, the Megaman X Custom Theme (found here)
I installed it normally with CHMM2, rebooted my 3DS and found that the Custom Theme was installed succesfully.
Then I opened the System Settings, pressed X and then hold L to enter to The Homebrew Launcher... and it didn't worked.

I thought that it MAY be because the custom theme, so I turned off my console, turned it on, hold L and still I couldnt access to The Homebrew Launcher.
So I changed the "Theme" to Default, and tried to go to the Homebrew Launcher to un-install the custom theme and STILL didn't worked.

I dont have any other entrypoint.
My console is a Old3DS v.9.9.0-26U

Is there any way to undo this?
PS: Is not a big deal if I can no longer access to the Homebrew Launcher... I used it only to play Pokemon Crystal (but my Level 65 Steelix :( !!! )
By the way, I didn´t erased anything from my SD card.

EDIT: Ah! Thanks for the responses. Hahahaha!
Well, I didnt used Homebrew for nothing else but the Gameboy Emulator (NES, SNES and GameBoy Advance plays better in my Wii)
So no worries about deleting all the hack files.
I also, just updated my 3DS to the latest firmware (10.3)
I will miss a lot of homebrew apps though, I'm excited to see what will happen with the 3DS scene.
So there's still ''hopes'' to get Homebrew (no matter how many times Nintendo releases a new Firmware Update...???) by using Cubic Ninja and OoT?
I dont own any of those games, but hopefully, this new firmware will get a new entry point.

Do you think this mistake would be helpful to others?

Last edited by Gizametalman,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
By using chmm2 to install the theme you have removed themehax you should have installed the theme using themehax installer. The only way to get themehax back is by using cubic ninja or Zelda ocarina of time or if someone else you know has a 3ds that can access homebrew you could use their 3ds with your sd card to get themehax back

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's because you installed the custom theme with CHMM2, to install custom themes and have them work with homemenuhax, you needed to put the custom theme files into the Menu_Hax_Manager_Tool folder and install it using the menuhax manager, so that's where you went wrong. Unfortunately, because you've got an Old3DS, your only entrypoints now are cubic ninja or OOThax through powersaves/r4i save dongle, unless you have a friend who can install OOThax onto a physical copy of the game for you.

On another note, if you want to keep that Steelix, you should be able to find the save file on your SD card and use it on an emulator on your PC.

Reactions: peteruk

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's because you installed the custom theme with CHMM2, to install custom themes and have them work with homemenuhax, you needed to put the custom theme files into the Menu_Hax_Manager_Tool folder and install it using the menuhax manager, so that's where you went wrong. Unfortunately, because you've got an Old3DS, your only entrypoints now are cubic ninja or OOThax through powersaves/r4i save dongle, unless you have a friend who can install OOThax onto a physical copy of the game for you.

On another note, if you want to keep that Steelix, you should be able to find the save file on your SD card and use it on an emulator on your PC.
Didn't I already say all that lol

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you have Cubic Ninja there is no way you can access homebrew. Unless you have TLOZ: Ocarina Of Time, and a friend with access to homebrew/powersaves. I recommend getting a powersaves and OOT card.

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rip same thing happened to me. Why we backup our SD Cards children

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean isn't there someway for him to still use it, the theme that you have set is in your SD card (iirc). So wouldn't there be a way to give him that file so he can add it to his SD card giving access again?

Last edited by Harvest God,
D

Deleted-236924

I mean isn't there someway for him to still use it, the theme that you have set is in your SD card (iirc). So wouldn't there be a way to give him that file so he can add it to his SD card giving access again?
In the SD card but also on nand.
Also extdata is likely encrypted using console-specific keys so files from another 3DS likely wouldn't be readable on someone else's anyway.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Even if you could do that, you would need homebrew access to edit it in the first place.

Off Topic: @Harvest God You should probably take that huge .gif out of your signature before it gets deleted by a mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt