OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello !
i've a little problem with my wii PAL with twilight hack
i've tried to install gc launcher "wiigator", but after transferred the 2 files (cMIOS & GCreader) on the SD and installed the cMIOS patched, i cannot use correctly the GC launcher... it freeze with a black screen with GC launcher writed on green... i wait and wait the screen with the lists of options but nothing happen.

i've tried with 4 different games.... all marked as "worked" on the compatibily list...but the only difference was a message "failure DVD error 345"..
i've made some mistake ?
please help me out....

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH ^^

araan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ah con te posso parlare ita ^^
no io partendo da launcher gamma 0.3 di wiigator, ho passato i 2 file (cmios e il gc launcher) sulla sd e poi ho avviato il cmios patcher dp aver cambiato la voce gc + wii...
poi provavo ad aprire il launcher ma mi si inchiodava li,... nn andava avanti cm ho descritto prima..
quindi se scarico il cios 36 rev 7 risolvo ? mo appena posso lo carico e provo...
ah una cosa.... il vecchio cios lo posso sovrascrivere o devo usare il wad manager x levarlo e rinstallare il cios da capo ?

i can speak italian ^^
starting with my gamma launcher 0.3, i've only loaded on my sd the 2 files... installed the cmios pacther... and tried to play a copy with gc launcher...
so i've only to change my cIOS with the "rev 7" ? mmmm i can overwrite my cIOS with the new one or i've to remove it complitely with wad manager to install it again ?

thx again

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Se non hai mai installato il cIOS 36 rev 7 non funzionerà neanche il gamma 0.3, perchè è grazie a questo cIOS che il wii riconosce i backup come se fossero originali. Quindi è indispensabile sia per i backup del wii che del gc.
Per installarlo ti serve il cIOS installer (puoi trovarlo all'interno del pacchetto del gamma).
Scarica il pacchetto da qui
Lancia il cIOS installer e non avrai problemi (se non hai il wii connesso ad internet c'è la spiegazione in fondo al primo post che ti ho linkato).
Non fare nient'altro e soprattutto MAI cancellare nessun cIOS, sovrascrivili sempre...se non vuoi sputtanare tuo wii
wink.gif

If you don't have cIOS 36 rev 7 installed neither gc or wii backups will work, because it tricks the wii making it recognize them as originals.
To install it you will need cIOS installer (you can find it inside the gamma zip).
Download it from here
Run cIOS installer and there'll be no problems (if your wii isn't connected to the internet there's an explanation at the bottom of the first post I linked).
Don't do anything else and above all, NEVER delete any cIOS, always overwrite them...unless you don't want to fuck up your Wii
wink.gif

araan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
strano xo',,,
io il cios installer lo avevo già messo..
infatti il gamma mi funge senza problemi particolari...
nn so' proprio ke dire...
ma il rev 7 è solo un cios successivo a quello ke si metteva con il gamma ? ...

araan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so i've it.....
the problem is...
"why it doesn't work" ? ? ?
i've only made that::::
-started work using a wii with launcher gamma 0.3 worked
so:
-opened gcbackup0.1_v7
-opened gcbackup0.1_v7_theta
-copy the 2 folders (miospatcher & rungcbackup) founded on the sc ://sc/apps
-insert SC on wii
-opened the cmios patcher
-pressed "x" to chage gc to gc + wii
-pressed "a" to start patch
-all done with wii connected.
-inserted gc backup (marked as worked on the list)
-i've tried to lunch the gcluncher..
-appear on the screen the black screen, with the green GC logo, and the "gc launcher" on white...
-i wait the list of options on the left corner of the screen... but nothing happen....
-the wii try to charge the game .... i can hear the strange noise.... but nothing more....
-i've wait for more than 10 minutes but nothing.....
please help me find a solution.....

details::
gc backups burned with Imgburn at 1x or 4x on a verbatin dvd -r
i've the gc pad
i've tried with "s.mario sunshine pal" , "zelda ww pal", "luigi's mansion NTSC" and "zelda 4swords NTSC"....

araan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mmmm........
nobody can help me ?
i've also tried to insert manual the 4 files to charge in off-line way...
i've used v5... no results...
with v4 on the check i see some files "not found" ... so i don't know what to do...
i've seen that there's a files on this site that contains 2 folders... apps and 0000001 .... i think to use that....
but i've only to overwrite my folders on the sd with those new files ?
sorry again for my english,..... but plz help me out...

ho provato a inserire manualmente i 4 files da caricare nella modalità off-line...
uso il v5 ma nn ho risultati...
con il v4 dopo aver premuto A mi carica diverse cose ma noto che compare spesso la voce "not found"
non so' + che fare...
ho visto in una pagina del sito che viene specificato che ad alcuni potrebbe dare dei problemi il solo passare quei 2 files nella cartella apps della sd, quindi c'è un download con dentro 2 cartelle. apps e 0000001 che suggeriscono di usare... potrei provare cn questo modo...
cosa mi consigliate ?
devo solo sovrascrivere cmq i files già esistenti nella SD con questi nuovi ?
grazie in anticipo ciao

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. Are you using DVD+R or DVD-R? Don't tell me it's DVD+R and you don't know what bitsetting or booktype is or why i ask!

2. Did you install Waninkoko's cIOS36rev7 correctly? Does it work for Wii backups?

araan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wiipower i've said all in the previuos message...
1) dvd-r verbatin
2) yes is installed and works perfect for wii backups...
please help me out ;(

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Get Waninkoko's cMIOSrev3 as it seems that WiiGator's causes trouble with savegames. And then try it with the gamecube backup launcher and with the disc channel from the Gamma rebooter. And try the reboot option too if there is any in the launcher menu.

araan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok i'll try it
thanks
just 1 thing...
i've found a download (posted by wiigator) countaining 2 folders....(apps and 0000001)..
it's noted to put that 2 folders on the SD overwriting the 2 corrispondent folders....
i've looked inside that 2 folders... and in 00000001... there are the 4 files of the v8, to charge in the cMIOS patching.....in apps,,,,,, there are 7 folders::

template.
rungcbackup
miospatcher
gcplugin
gcbackuplaucher
dvdtest
dolloader
now i've a doubt..
looking inside that folders... i can find a large quantity of files.....
when i use the normal way to install gclauncher on my wii.... i transferred on my sd only 2 folders, miospatcher & rungcbackup...founded int the second rar called gcbackup0.1_theta...(plus the folders 00000001 -> v5)
each folder have only 3 files.... a boot.dol , the icon , and a text files "meta"...
it's possible that now i've to put in the sc all that files ?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The 00000001 folder is the nintendo MIOS, and i guess most of the files you have there are .c or .h files, right? That's the soruce code.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inside that download you got there's actually another zipped file. Everything you need is in that extra folder. You don't need the dolloader or the dvdtest or any of that crap. Except maybe the 00000001 folder if your Wii isn't connected to the internet.

araan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
my wii is connected but there are some connection problem to the server of nintendo and i can't download those files.... launching cMios i can see the message "not found" so i've to put in my sd the folder 0000001/././v8 with the 4 files..
i've tried all before to post here my problem...
like re-installing cMios, changing cIos, using v4,v5,v8,with the corrispondent files...but i can't avoid the problem...
so i can't play gb backup....but my wii backup work 100%,,,
if the others folders are crap....and i need only the 2 folders founded on the second rar... gclauncher0.1_theta... i've only to try removing cMios patched and using winkoko way...
i've mario galaxy for the file... so i should do it ....
but i can't understand why i'm the only one that can't use wiigator.... bah
it's strage because start all like it should do.. but it freeze at the start screen...

araan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the link doesn't.. but no problem i can found it in the web...
mmmm
i've to use wad manager to remove the previus mios and installa the new one... or i've only to overwrite with the new one?
ah... this is the waninkoko cmios... so i've to take the files by pikmin or animal crossing ?
thaks for the help

araan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i've installed cIOS36 rev 7.... i'd the rev 4...
i've tried with cmios v4,v5,v8
i've tried putting in the sd the wad extracted from the gams "animal crossing", opened the cmios rev 3 installer and use it for :
1)wad installatino
2)network installation
after that i should be able to load gc backup....
but nothing...
i've tried by the disc channel... where nothing is loaded...
by gamma 0.3 and he freeze loading the backup
and last i've tried using the gc launcher but with the same problem...

so i've tried all possible way....but nothing work.... please if someone know how to help me....

araan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
aaaah!!! 1 important thing!!!
i've firmware version 3.1E...
it's compatible with gc launcher and cmios waninkoko ? ?
it's my last hope...
frown.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, sorry i can't help. Maybe it's a good idea to switch to the Hacking forum and post your problems there in the noob thread or one of the gamceube launcher/cMIOS threads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans