joecreed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HEllo all,

I've been reading the FAQs and stickies here for a few hours and still am not quite sure what I need to be doing for what I'm looking for. I'm trying to do the following with my DS:

1. Put backups of my 3DS and DS games on my memory card.
2. Not lose the ability to play my virtual console games or to play games online

It looks like I need custom firmware on an old DS and then need to transfer that to my current one, but I don't think this is an option since I only have one 3DS. I saw another way where you could add a friend code and do something like that, but I was pretty confused on that process. Then I saw the carts and that just confused me even more as of which one I would need to get for what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

joecreed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That closed some options
These Carts called ″Flashcarts″ are for installing cfw in most most use
To the add a friend code with that you mean ″seedminer″ and that is a 2$ option for installing cfw
What do you choose?

which is a better option, the cart or the seedminer?

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So with the seedminer I can't play DS games?
With the right software(after installing cfw) you still can play ds games

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can use TWLoader, but it is not 100% compatible.
Yeah it doesn't load my rom of my favorite game just the card of the ds game

joecreed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need just one 3DS, but beefy GPU :D

Am I missing something?

Required Reading
There are two different methods of installing boot9strap using DSiWare on 11.6.0.

One of these methods only works with four specific games that are no longer sold on the eShop, while the other works with quite a few games still sold on the eShop.

Both of these methods require two devices. One 3DS (or 2DS) must be running boot9strap and is referred to as the source 3DS, while the other 3DS (or 2DS) is on stock 11.6.0 and referred to as the target 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...