Hacking (Help) Everything disappeared on home menu

BMence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I'm a newbie when it comes to hack, I hope I can find any help there :s.

Until now, everything was fine. On my home menu, I could access FBI, NTR CFW,...

Now, for an unknown reason, eveything has just gone:

- My mario kart 7 cartdridge has no 1.1 patch version (needed to play online) anymore. In order to get it, I have to get first the latest 3DS version (11.12.0-44E).
- I have no FBI, 3DShell,... what I used to have

However:
I can still access Luma menu by pressing Select while powering on the 3DS. Luma is v9.1-4b341e03
I can open Rosalina Menu by pressing L + pad down + select

No file on my SD card has been removed. But I think a boot.firm.bak appeared ?

Does someone know what happened and what I need to do to restaure everything?

Or might I just update 3DS and follow 3DS hack guide from the start? (I have a linker too)

My SD root has: folder 3ds, folder cheats, folder fbi, folder gm9, folder luma, folder Nintendo 3DS, boot.3dsx, boot.firm
Maybe something is missing ?

Oh also, on home meny, a "folder" appeared named Dossier(1). Dossier means Folder in French. And that one is empty...

EDIT: should I just delete this and post on the "noob topic questions" ?

Last edited by BMence,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I'm a newbie when it comes to hack, I hope I can find any help there :s.

Until now, everything was fine. On my home menu, I could access FBI, NTR CFW,...

Now, for an unknown reason, eveything has just gone:

- My mario kart 7 cartdridge has no 1.1 patch version (needed to play online) anymore. In order to get it, I have to get first the latest 3DS version (11.12.0-44E).
- I have no FBI, 3DShell,... what I used to have

However:
I can still access Luma menu by pressing Select while powering on the 3DS. Luma is v9.1-4b341e03
I can open Rosalina Menu by pressing L + pad down + select

No file on my SD card has been removed. But I think a boot.firm.bak appeared ?

Does someone know what happened and what I need to do to restaure everything?

Or might I just update 3DS and follow 3DS hack guide from the start? (I have a linker too)

EDIT: should I just delete this and post on the "noob topic questions" ?
What's a "linker" ?

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me too, after I didn't play my N3DS for a long time and opened it. I think it was an issue with the sdcard. I updated it, reset, and rehacked following the 3ds.guide and used a new sdcard. Everything is fine now. Make sure to backup your saves with JKSM or checkpoint.

Reactions: BMence

BMence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks :) If nobody has a less radical solution, I'll do this. I'm not sure what you mean with backing up my saves with those tools, but I guess I just need to follow 3ds.guide

Last edited by BMence,

BMence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird because the SD card is still recognized by the 3DS, not like if it wasn't inserted... But in the same time, it's like if SD card was empty

BMence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well guys I formatted my SD car (32 Ko for area size). Then I copied/pasted my backup files -> didn't work. I added randomly some folders of someone who has the same 3DS version (but Luma 10.0 when I have 9.1). And it worked xD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: BMence

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pikachu used jumper cables it was sadism lol