[HELP!] Crazy Problems with Friend's O3DSXL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by seijinshu, Apr 9, 2016.

  1. seijinshu
    OP

    seijinshu ...

    Member
    483
    120
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    ...
    My friend had a 16GB SD card that was used for CFW. When he upgraded to a 64GB (The same one as mine) and moved EmuNAND over, Dev Menu and BBM stopped working. We had to make backups of everything and we re-hacked from scratch (from 9.2 sysNAND backup). Now his EmuNAND only sees his legit games. I've tried rxTools, AuReiNAND, and the NANDs are unlinked. We are using the right SD backup, but it only detects legit games. When he got FBI.3dsx loaded, he installed FBI.cia, but it didn't appear.

    Help?
     
  2. samiam144

    samiam144 Régulier

    Member
    2,871
    936
    Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    It's a known issue, IIRC you must make the SD card free space small enough so that the 3DS can properly read it. For example, place a couple movies on the SD card to get the free space down to about 32GB(?), then see if BBM and Devmenu will work.
     
    Ammako likes this.
  3. seijinshu
    OP

    seijinshu ...

    Member
    483
    120
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    ...
    It has never been an issue. SDF works. It was working on my 64gb
     
  4. astronautlevel

    astronautlevel The Young Descendent of Tepes

    Member
    4,039
    4,979
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    That's only with 128 gigs of space. 64 gigs is not an issue. Also, it's an issue only if BBM/DevMenu, FBI works fine.
     
  5. seijinshu
    OP

    seijinshu ...

    Member
    483
    120
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    ...
    My issue is not with dev menu. It is the games.
     
    Last edited by seijinshu, Apr 9, 2016
  6. Faolan

    Faolan Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    63
    13
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    Try formatting to 64kb clusters
     
  7. seijinshu
    OP

    seijinshu ...

    Member
    483
    120
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    ...
    K. Trying...
     
  8. SirBeethoven

    SirBeethoven 3.145.... something. E=mc2

    Member
    1,808
    552
    Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Did you use Decrypt9WIP to restore backup? Also, did you possibly corrupt data on the SD card? I know that my computer corrupted the Nintendo 3DS folder once
     
  9. DjoeN

    DjoeN Captain Haddock!

    Member
    5,169
    1,486
    Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    My 64GB SD is formatted this way:

    Used software:
    - MiniTool Partition Wizard

    Formatted as:
    - Primary
    - FAT32
    - 32kb Cluster Size

    Next steps in short:
    - Get Homebrew Launcher
    - Get EmuNand9
    - Have a backup of your emunand ready as emunand.bin
    - Setup your system to boot into Homebrew Launcher
    - Use EmuNand9 to create a new EmuNand partition
    - Move your old EmuNand to the new SD with EmuNand9
    - Copy all files from your old SD to the new SD.

    That should be it
     
    Last edited by DjoeN, Apr 9, 2016
  10. The Real Jdbye

    The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

    Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    12,087
    5,165
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Delete the "Nintendo 3DS" folder (or just the folder inside it belonging to emuNAND) and copy it over again from the backup. It has solved similar issues for other people, myself included.
     
  11. seijinshu
    OP

    seijinshu ...

    Member
    483
    120
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    ...
    My friend has resolved this by doing a system format and starting from scratch.
    Your replies have been about setting it up. It was working, but upon transfer to new card, it went all wrong.

    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

    Well... We did that many times. Oh well, we got it working anyways
     
    Last edited by seijinshu, Apr 10, 2016