Hacking Help converting gateway saves to Luma3DS

Atylon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, I'm struggeling with converting my gateway saves to my Luma3DS system, I tried to follow MattKimura tutorial but since i'm in 11.14 I can't use my gateway anymore...
Can someone help me convert them so I can be able to use them on my Luma3DS system please ?
I don't know how I can make them to work in my Luma3DS system after that, I have Checkpoint app, is it enough ?

Kind regards
Aty.

Last edited by Atylon,
Reactions: kieran-123

Atylon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The saves have been done with a 4.5 emunand using gateway (red cartridge) and now my 3DS is in 11.14 I cannot use gateway anymore. Anyway even if I was able to use my gateway, the gateway saves are particular and I didn't know that (they seem to be crypted somehow) and I can't use them on Luma3DS wich have different save format. Any help is welcome :)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can create an emuNAND and downgrade it so you can use the Gateway with the emuNAND. Out of curiosity, what are the games, and are they all important enough to be converted?

Reactions: Atylon

Atylon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello and thx for your reply, about the "emunand" term, I think I'm a bit confused, doesn't emunand stands for the nand installed on the sd card inserted in the red gateway ? If it's this, then I tried but my gateway refuse to "boot" on my 3DS since my 3DS is in version 11.14 and it seems it cannot boot my red gateway anymore (I tried and I almost bricked my Luma3DS sysnand by doing so).
About the game saves, yes they are quite important, well for me of course, the most importants are an ocarina of time save with a good progression, and the second important save is a bravely default save, with also a quite good progression. Thing is, those games I have saves of are 7 years old saves, I wanted to play them again as well as a new game "fire emblem fates" but since this last one wasn't compatible with my 4.5 firmware (locked on 3DS launch splashscreen once I tried to execute it from my gateway) then I've read this game is only compatible with at least 10.3 firmware, that what leads me to upgrade my 3DS to a more "recent" type of custom firmware and get rid of gateway, thing is, it was never mentionned about the crypted gateway saves and I discovered, of course, after upgrading my 3DS to 11.14 + last Luma3DS sysnand that my gateway saves weren't in same format and unusable on luma... that's why I'm asking for any help to convert them for luma3ds sysnand ^^

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello and thx for your reply, about the "emunand" term, I think I'm a bit confused, doesn't emunand stands for the nand installed on the sd card inserted in the red gateway ? If it's this, then I tried but my gateway refuse to "boot" on my 3DS since my 3DS is in version 11.14 and it seems it cannot boot my red gateway anymore (I tried and I almost bricked my Luma3DS sysnand by doing so).
About the game saves, yes they are quite important, well for me of course, the most importants are an ocarina of time save with a good progression, and the second important save is a bravely default save, with also a quite good progression. Thing is, those games I have saves of are 7 years old saves, I wanted to play them again as well as a new game "fire emblem fates" but since this last one wasn't compatible with my 4.5 firmware (locked on 3DS launch splashscreen once I tried to execute it from my gateway) then I've read this game is only compatible with at least 10.3 firmware, that what leads me to upgrade my 3DS to a more "recent" type of custom firmware and get rid of gateway, thing is, it was never mentionned about the crypted gateway saves and I discovered, of course, after upgrading my 3DS to 11.14 + last Luma3DS sysnand that my gateway saves weren't in same format and unusable on luma... that's why I'm asking for any help to convert them for luma3ds sysnand ^^
Emunand is a partition made separate from the sysnand which was used for keeping lower firmwares to run gateway properly. you need a firmware of less than 11.3 to run the gateway without worries. 9.2.0 was always a popular one when emunands werent obsolete.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said in my previous post, if you make an emuNAND on something like 9.2.0, you can use it with Gateway, even if your sysNAND isn't compatible with Gateway anymore because its system version is too high. I have an SD card lying around my home office somewhere with an 11.2 emuNAND just for the purpose of converting save games for other people, but since you still have your Gateway cartridges, you can do it yourself.

I'd use a second SD card for this like I did, just so you don't have to deal with formatting and reformatting your primary SD card. On the second SD card, make a compatible emuNAND using GodMode9, do a CTRTransfer to downgrade it to 9.2.0 or something, and then dump the save files.

Last edited by Lacius,

Atylon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your reply !
Thing is, I have spent around 3 days to make my 3DS working on my actual sysnand and I don't want to mess it all again (yes, I did failed several times...) I'm very bad at custom firmware on 3DS because I find it very difficult (compared to PSP were it was peace of cake compared to this).
How to make a compatible emunand since I don't have any other 3DS with lower firmware ? I only have my actual old 3DS 11.14 and that's pretty much it :( or I don't understand how those godmode9 and ctrtransfer work... Like I said, I'm really afraid about messing everything up and don't want to take any more risk (joke appart, my wife was almost about to leave me after I've spent so much time on it :rofl:)
Or is there any tutorial to follow for this ?
About hardwares I have, I still have an empty SD card, the blue gateway and the red gateway, in my possession.

Heroto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello guys i have the same problem as Atylon but i don't have my gateway anymore can someone could help me to convert my safe for cia games plz ?

Attachments

• 0004000000136C00 (1).zip
    464.1 KB · Views: 98

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.