Hacking [Help!] CFG hangs while loading games

Zetro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for viewing the topic! Sorry for so much text but I'm trying to detail the problem as much as possible.

I've had this problem for a while now, it happened about 6 weeks ago when I updated my CFG usb loader so I could play a patched FatalFrame because my disk was in Japanese (not sure if it had anything to do with it, but it was the most recent event before I started having the problem).

I can get into CFG fine and browse all my backups like usual, but when I start a game and it does the whole Loading/Booting IOS thing, thats where it hangs. Then I have to manually turn off my Wii and then go into CFG again and try to load the game...again. It happens like 3x in a row some days... My games work and I can play, it just takes me like 3 tries/restarts of my Wii until CFG feels like working...and I have to do this every time for every one of my games.

--But I've figured out a pattern; when CFG loads, if the music in the background is playing (tetris.mp3)--then it will work, but if there is no music then it will get stuck O.o Is there maybe a more stable version of CFG I could update to? I've tried the latest and I still get this problem, so I've been jumping between previous stable version and 'bugfix' versions, but no dice :[.

====I have found another thread here; http://gbatemp.net/t...me-please-wait/ with a person who was having this exact same problem and reached a solution, but I don't understand it. So if anyone can lend me a hand here...I've had to reset my wii like at least 50x since I got this problem :c

TYIA

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I believe your solution is this:

QUOTE(fued @ Jun 11 2011, 04:20 PM)
Im going to give the d2x a try next. Do you have a suggestion for which slots to install them to and what base to use?

IOS249 base IOS56 and IOS250 base IOS57, then you should be able to play every game.

QUOTE(fued @ Jun 11 2011, 04:20 PM)
Also are you saying to completely get rid of that ios=X line in the xml altogether?

Thanks

Completely remove it.

so search for that meta.xml in the CFG folder and delete that line, also install those cIOS as recomended....at least give it a try...!! if the problem is still there let me know..!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)