[HELP] Can't boot rxTools sysNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by blujay, Dec 13, 2015.

1. blujay
    OP

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Title.

I am using the 9/28 nightly, homemenuhax autoboot rxTools, 2DS 9.2 (I installed a 9.2 system CIA pack but system settings read 9.0). Please help. I want to install my GBA CIAs! I know how but can't do the sysNAND part...

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Can you boot in devmode?

Either way, if you installed a 9.2 system update cia pack and it reads as 9.0 on system settings, then something must have went wrong somewhere while updating... I wouldn't know what, though.

3. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    I'm guessing it's because homemenuhax is interfering whenever rxtools is trying to boot into sysnand.

Try holding down any button while booting into rxtools sysnand/devmode.

Actually, the "iso" and "3ds" thread just made a typo for that download (I believe it was the pre-modified pack download.)

I used that same download on my other friend's 3DS and it works just fine. However, I think it really is 9.0, but either way I don't think it should drastically affect any of the tutorials.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi, Dec 13, 2015
    MelonGx and Ammako like this.
  4. kennyhi123

kennyhi123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2015
    United States
    Nothing is wrong the 9.2(usa) pack on the iso site is actually 9.0 for some reason.

5. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I used the 9.2.0-20U full update pack just about a month ago and it updates to 9.2 just fine and doesnt tell me I'm on 9.0

Ah, if it's the modified update pack that has the issue with it actually being 9.0, that could be a thing.
    Nothing functionally different between 9.0 and 9.2 at least, just payloads differ.

Last edited by Ammako, Dec 13, 2015
  6. kennyhi123

kennyhi123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2015
    United States
    I used the one that said without DS-whitelist update, TWL-firm update, MSET update, AGB-firm update and got 9.0(modified one)

7. blujay
    OP

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    I can't load anything via rxTools but emuNAND. I will try holding a button.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nope. Nothing

8. blujay
    OP

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    I tried formatting my sysNAND but no luck. After formatting, my h&s app won't even show! I also uninstalled home menu hax

9. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    If it's got FBI in it, it won't show up unless sig checks are patched.
    If I may suggest minipasta as a workaround...
    Place that at the root of your SD card and make an entry in CTRBootManager for it. It loads sysnand pretty much exactly like rxTools devmode/pasta mode does, so you can get into FBI in your H&S app and install your GBA VC.

MelonGx likes this.
  10. blujay
    OP

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Thanks for the help!

11. Odin_Aesir

Odin_Aesir Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2015
    Brazil
    I'm having the same problem as you. The solution is to hold the button you chose to avoid the autoboot after you enter the rxtools and select the dev mode. The FBI was in place of Health, I should have backed up the nand and Health resinstalado the backup before formatting the sysnand.

12. djalmafreestyler

djalmafreestyler GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2011
    Brazil
    I have Homemnuhax, configured "L" to access sysNAND, so to access DevMode I only hold L and it booted fine on sysNAND (devmode) with sig check disabled. And I can install cias fine there.