Hacking [Help] Cannot transfer files through FTP

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I know this question has been asked a million times and i feel like an idiot forgetting but...
I formatted my memory card, reinstalled henkaku and am trying to transfer files through molecule: Vitashell, VitaRW, Bubble installer, ect. but i get an error when i transfer any type of file. I know VitaRW will allow me extended permission but i can't even get that on there.
Do i need to use QMCA?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I know this question has been asked a million times and i feel like an idiot forgetting but...
I formatted my memory card, reinstalled henkaku and am trying to transfer files through molecule: Vitashell, VitaRW, Bubble installer, ect. but i get an error when i transfer any type of file. I know VitaRW will allow me extended permission but i can't even get that on there.
Do i need to use QMCA?
If you trying to do ftp, use file zilla, first use filezilla to update the vita shell to 1.52, then switch to usb mode if you want, it also has improved ftp on 1.52 so you can use with more devices, and ftp clients than just file zilla :)

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you trying to do ftp, use file zilla, first use filezilla to update the vita shell to 1.52, then switch to usb mode if you want, it also has improved ftp on 1.52 so you can use with more devices, and ftp clients than just file zilla :)
You see, that's my problem. :( I can't even install the vitashell VPK on my PSVita because i can't transfer any files to it. (I am using filezilla)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You see, that's my problem. :( I can't even install the vitashell VPK on my PSVita because i can't transfer any files to it. (I am using filezilla)
Why can't you transfer files? Did you press select to enable ftp? Did you fill out the ip address, and port correctly? Is filezilla updated to latest version? Are both the pc and vita connected to the same network?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't you transfer files? Did you press select to enable ftp? Did you fill out the ip address, and port correctly? Is filezilla updated to latest version? Are both the pc and vita connected to the same network?
Well.... I think i figured out the problem. I feel dumb because its the same problem the last time i asked this question.:rofl2:
So apparently, if only the ux0 partition shows up in molecule/vita shell, you can't transfer any sort of files. Last time i connected my vita to filezilla, only the ux0 partition showed up. I just turned on my vita again and all of a sudden, the other partitions (os0, pd0, ect.) show up. I don't really know how or why this happens. :unsure:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.... I think i figured out the problem. I feel dumb because its the same problem the last time i asked this question.:rofl2:
So apparently, if only the ux0 partition shows up in molecule/vita shell, you can't transfer any sort of files. Last time i connected my vita to filezilla, only the ux0 partition showed up. I just turned on my vita again and all of a sudden, the other partitions (os0, pd0, ect.) show up. I don't really know how or why this happens. :unsure:
You have to make sure unsafe homebrew is on in the options, press start and turn it on, then restart molecule. YOU NEED IT ON TO DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING. So remember that next time. :P

It allows access to the other system partitions than just the memory card basic use. So remember to keep it on.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to make sure unsafe homebrew is on in the options, press start and turn it on, then restart molecule. YOU NEED IT ON TO DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING. So remember that next time. :P
Thanks a lot. I feel like an idiot. :teach:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You didn't restart after enabling Unsafe Homebrew. The device has to be restarted in order for the change to take effect.
Yep, I just learned that. I'll be sure to remember that next time so i don't clog up this forum with s*** posts.:rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER