Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
OP
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to unbrick it with a cyclo ds, or ez-flash 3-1 plz help don't want a random bricked ds around...plz any help is appreciated.

*EDIT: My friend has an r4 if you can tell me how to restore the original ds firmware using an r4 that would be a big help also... thanks

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
You can do it with either the R4 or the 3-in-1, assuming you have something you can write to the 3-in-1 with (i.e. another, non-bricked DS). If you want to do it that way, just rename the flashme.nds you're using (should be flashme_noauto.nds probably, since you have a SLOT-1 card) to anything ending in .gba and flash it. Then remove everything from SLOT-1 and boot your DS (the bricked one) holding Start and Select. This will autoboot FlashMe from your 3-in-1, and you can follow the prompts as usual.

If you want to use your friend's DS, you'll have to use R4Crypt on the flashme.nds and replace the R4 firmware with it. Hold Start and Select as above, and flashme.nds will boot immediately when the R4 tries to run its firmware; again, follow the prompts as usual.

Unfortunately, you can't repair a failed FlashMe install from a CycloDS because the way the FlashMe recovery code forces booting is incompatible with the CycloDS (and a number of other cards).

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
OP
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
how would I write flashme onto 3-1 using another ds? Can you explain that please I'm a bit of a noob at this and during hte flash me, do you have any tips for the sl1 connection?

also how would I restore the r4's firmware after I flash my ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8