Hacking [Help] bricked 2ds!

TheHaxForU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I bricked my 2ds its on 6.0.0 sysnand it wouldn't launch hbl in browserhax or oothax so I used my gateway card and go.gateway then booted into sysnand hold b and boot. Then installed sysupdater .cia and everything installed fine. Rebooted and its a blank screen. I did make a band backup . can someone tell me what I did wrong ??
The CIA updates I used was 9.2.0/full

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I bricked my 2ds its on 6.0.0 sysnand it wouldn't launch hbl in browserhax or oothax so I used my gateway card and go.gateway then booted into sysnand hold b and boot. Then installed sysupdater .cia and everything installed fine. Rebooted and its a blank screen. I did make a band backup . can someone tell me what I did wrong ??
The CIA updates I used was 9.2.0/full
Pull out the SD card and press power does it turn on? If no turn on the 2DS while holding L+R+UP+A and keep holding them did you get the recovery menu? If not
Rocky-Mountain-Hardware-Wedge-Door-Stop.jpg

TheHaxForU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha-ha yeah guess I can kick myself there ha-ha oops. I'm looking for my wires and solder atm.. Do I use rxtools devmode?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Kay back to step one. 6.0.0 sysnand and I cant launch HBL or rxtools mset. Please help
Downgrade with GW to get a dirty 4.x. And get RxTools to boot there, get DevMode/PBT-CFW to run Sysupdater. Since this is 2DS, you can not downgrade to 4.x
I don't know if the legacy RxTools release that with 6.x MSET still works or not, nor can I confirm if there is devMode inside.
Or else since you have hard-mod you can also update to 10.3 latest before the 10.4 release and downgrade.

Last edited by Syphurith,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrade with GW to get a dirty 4.x. And get RxTools to boot there, get DevMode/PBT-CFW to run Sysupdater.
I don't know if the legacy RxTools release that with 6.x MSET still works or not, nor can I confirm if there is devMode inside.
Or else since you have hard-mod you can also update to 10.3 latest before the 10.4 release and downgrade.
He is on a 2ds so downgrading to 4.x won't work. What does dirty 4.x mean?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Downgrade with GW to get a dirty 4.x. And get RxTools to boot there, get DevMode/PBT-CFW to run Sysupdater.
I don't think a 2DS can be downgraded to 4.x, that's just asking for a brick.

TheHaxForU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so i used gateway sysnand to boot into sysnand and install sysudater then used 6.0 mset for rxtools to boot into the most resent rxtools can i use sysupdater now? while in devmode and ive downloaded a full 9.2.0 from that iso site

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
so i used gateway sysnand to boot into sysnand and install sysudater then used 6.0 mset for rxtools to boot into the most resent rxtools can i use sysupdater now? while in devmode and ive downloaded a full 9.2.0 from that iso site
No! You need to use devMode. Or Pasta. RxMode with sysupdater causes a brick.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That's good, if you know that's DevMode.
I don't think a 2DS can be downgraded to 4.x, that's just asking for a brick.
I forgot that. Would correctify the words before.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW left some files uncleaned on SysNAND, causing trouble to use FBI injection, IIRC.
Oh he is on a 2DS. Sorry for that. So Still he can get downgrade from 10.3 since he has hard-mod. Just back up the 10.3 also.
Ooh i see. Makes me wonder if there is another way to downgrade to 4.x besides using gateway software.

TheHaxForU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea in rxtools in advanced DEVMODE ' patches signatures checks and load in sysnand with gba-dsi support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'(