OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Here are my specs.
MacBook Pro 17" (2008 model)
Running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or something close. Its completely upgraded.
Ive got a 64 bit system with 4 GB of RAM.

When i go to boot the Windows 7 ISO, i get a black screen with something like this:

Select boot type:_

And i cant type anything because at this point, my laptop hasnt booted my keyboard driver, and i cant go any further.

@Rydian
I feel like you might be able to help me. If you cant, sorry i wasted your time.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/Boot_Camp_Install-Setup_10.6.pdf

Found this on the apple website. Follow the instructions and it should work.

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on a 13" mid 2010 Macbook pro running 10.6.8

I have a bootcamp partition setup with Windows 7 Professional and I have no problems.

if you plan on having a dual boot system you must start the Windows Setup Using "Bootcamp Assistant" under Applications/Utilities

Take your time in deciding how large you want your Windows bootcamp partition to be since once you create it and install Windows its very difficult to resize without destroying the Bootcamp partition and doing a complete fresh installation of Windows.

There are tools that supposedly make resizing easier but they cost money. Paragon Camptune X seems to be the best.

Use Winclone 3.0 for backing up the bootcamp partition.

If you launch Apple's bootcamp assistant and follow the instructions you should have no problems. Just make sure that after you have installed Windows you then proceed to run the Apple Bootcamp driver cd/dvd you created in Mac before installing windows. If you have any specific problems post here and I'll try to help!

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You actually shouldn't manually format the bootcamp partition.

Apple's Bootcamp assistant will partition it as FAT32 and then ask you to insert your Windows installation dvd. The computer will reboot and the installation will begin. Eventually the setup program will come to a stage where it will ask you which hard disk/partiton to install to. At this point you will select the partition named "BOOTCAMP" and click delete/new and then install to that partition. The Windows installer will format the partition as NTFS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay