1. archielamp

OP archielamp Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello! I'm new to Wii U hacking, so bear with me if this is a common question, but I'm stuck. Just yesterday, Haxchi opened and ran the Homebrew Launcher perfectly well, but now, when opening I'm thrust into a completely black screen with "-3" in the top corner. I'm not inputting any buttons while opening it, and the rest of the console runs perfectly fine.

Thanks!

2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    -3 error means either something is wrong with your sd card or you are missing needed files.

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. archielamp

OP archielamp Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Got it, I'll doublecheck my folders to see if I'm missing any boot files, etc. Thanks!

alexander1970 and AmandaRose like this.
  4. GABO1423

GABO1423 Vergación...

Venezuela
    To be specific, it means that the SD Card could not be detected. It could be caused by a dusty SD Card slot so you can try and check if that's the case. Otherwise you can also try another SD Card to see if it works.
    Edit: seems that if they are missing files, the error that would show up is -5, so that's not the issue.

Last edited by GABO1423, Jul 20, 2020
  5. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Yes and you can also get a - 3 error if the SD card is write protected. So always good to check if the little tab is set to unlocked or locked

Last edited by AmandaRose, Jul 20, 2020
    alexander1970 and GABO1423 like this.
  6. archielamp

OP archielamp Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Reformatting the SD Card got me back into the homebrew launcher, regardless. Everything's working now!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Blackscreen, opening, [Help]