Hardware help all my apps/games are "wrapped"

stevePlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my SD Card won't work when i turn on the console it always give a black screen and did it to solve the prblm just to blow the SD Card slot and bam it worked

after that all my apps/games are "wrapped" and when i try to unwrap them all the apps/games is working fine no save deletion or something

could someone explain why this happen if this a bug or something about CFW?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you install a bunch of CIA all at the same time, they tend to show up as wrapped when you drop back to the home screen. Newly installed games are wrapped, after you play or click on them at least once they stay unwrapped like any other icon.

That doesn't answer his question, he wanted to know why that phenomenon happen.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
He likely restored a full nand backup which likely had all the games just newly installed.

If he has long waiting periods before his 3DS goes into the home screen, one cause for this is that you got a really slow microSD which can be fixed by using a faster microSD. He is listed as being in Brazil, where imports cost an arm and a leg in money which makes getting a faster microSD a not so easy/cheap option. This can explain his mention of "blowing on the SD".

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The open/closed state is just something stored in Home's save on nand (or was it extdata?), if it gets cleared for any reason (button combo, manual file management, corruption, etc) or if it just forgets about installed titles, they will be considered new again

IncognitoMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most likely, he may have changed his HOME Menu layout to one previously saved, where all the apps were "wrapped" because they were not in the saved layout. If that's the case, just unwrap them all and save a new layout.

The open/closed state is just something stored in Home's save on nand (or was it extdata?), if it gets cleared for any reason (button combo, manual file management, corruption, etc) or if it just forgets about installed titles, they will be considered new again
Or, as @Ryccardo stated, the AD card may have had damaged extdata, therefore the 3DS could have overwritten the extdata with new extdata, meaning all apps were reset to a wrapped state.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho