Hacking [HELP] All homebrew not working after cIOSCORP reinstall

Kerdex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how alot of people feel about cOISCORP. But I used it before with now problems. But after installing 3.6 recently I was unable to use any homebrew apps that weren't installed as channels. So I can still use my channels, just fing but here's what happens with my hopebrew apps.

They don't recognize the Wii remote, they still recognize GC controllers
They can't connect to the internet
They can't access my Wii's NAND
They can't access any USB or SD cards

If anyone can at least identify the problem it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kerdex

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ohmy.gif

I have NEVER heard of or seen something like this happen before!

Are you even capable of loading Title Lister MOD via an exploit like bannerbomb or indiana pwns?

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can't understand why cIOSCORP would do this, but I have four questions:

Why did you use an older version of cIOSCORP instead of DARKCORP 1.1?

What SM version are you running?

How did you uninstall cIOSCORP when you installed it before?

You said you can boot any homebrew you've installed as any forwarder channels? If so, it means you can still access your SD card and if you will be able to boot any app through the forwarders.

If you didn't use forwarders, but you can get into HBC, you can still boot any app through LoadMii.

Kerdex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmonkey21 said:
Can't understand why cIOSCORP would do this, but I have four questions:

Why did you use an older version of cIOSCORP instead of DARKCORP 1.1?

What SM version are you running?

How did you uninstall cIOSCORP when you installed it before?

You said you can boot any homebrew you've installed as any forwarder channels? If so, it means you can still access your SD card and if you will be able to boot any app through the forwarders.

If you didn't use forwarders, but you can get into HBC, you can still boot any app through LoadMii.

I'd never heard of DARKCORP until just now, and cIOSCORP always worked fine for me.

I uninstalled it using the uninstaller so I could update the HBC.. When I installed it again, I tried installing a few of the extras and not only would my Wii remote not connect, but it said that it couldn;t find files that were in fact on my SD card. I tried an alternative installer for the cIOS to run gamecube backups and it couldn;t connect to the internet, I had tested to make sure I was connected several times. I tried running WiiMC, MPlayerWii, and the WiiMC channel installer which said it couldn't access my Wii's NAND. The others said they needed an SD card or USB to run correctly.

I can still boot my homebrew apps, but when they're run from the homebrew channel they have no access to the internet, can't connect my wii remote and can't access my SD card or usb drive. The channels aren't forwarders...

What's SM? Sorry if that's a nooby question.. Also, I had Preloader installed, and I can't seem to get that to open(holding reset as the wii boots up)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think and/or believe, that if you are sure that you got problems since you reinstalled cIOScorp on your Wii, then you probably know the answer but you want someone to tell you that your problem it is not that, am I right...??

Kerdex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
I think and/or believe, that if you are sure that you got problems since you reinstalled cIOScorp on your Wii, then you probably know the answer but you want someone to tell you that your problem it is not that, am I right...??

Umm.. No, if the problem is cioscorp itself, then I can't remove it if you've read any of my posts. Not any way that I know of anyway. I would try bannarbomb or loadmii, but I can't right now the card reader on this computer doesn't work very well. I would like some confirmation that one of the two might work.. For a valid reason of course.

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like an IOS problem, cIOSCorp probably messed up during installation.

Maybe you could try Wad Manager, and selecting cIOS 249 or 250? I'm not positive but I can't think of a reason why cIOSCorp would change those.

With that and NUSD (a PC app) you should be able to restore your IOSs to the default ones.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bannerbomb Dop-Mii and reinstall your ios the have corp on them

Then if you want corp, run darkcorp 1.1. Your 3.6 corp could have been corrupted somehow.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Bannerbomb Dop-Mii and reinstall your ios the have corp on them

Then if you want corp, run darkcorp 1.1. Your 3.6 corp could have been corrupted somehow.
Ya, darkcorp IS cioscorp, it is just what they started calling it after 3.6. There shouldn't be any way this should have completely, permanently damaged your Wii. It only installs modified IOS's, so If you go into DOP-Mii like mauifrog said you can delete the cioscorp IOS's and install the regular, nintendo ones. Also, I would try simply using the DARKCORP 1.1 installer before deleting the IOS's.

P.S. SM is just System Menu (i.e. 4.2U, 3.3E, etc.)

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
dmonkey21 said:
There shouldn't be any way this should have completely, permanently damaged your Wii. It only installs modified IOS's
and modifying an ios can't potentially damage a wii?

i giggled cause of the stupidity

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel