Hacking [Help!] acekard 2 bootup

mhkwong

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey! i just got my acekart 2, just wondering if there is any way of bypassing the nds loading screen (like the R4, boots straight to the menu without having you read the warning sign and pressing a button?)

and how do you hide akmenu4.nds from the menu? (i know akmenu4.nds dont show if i use the bliss custom firmware. but i want to use the standard firmware. is there a way to achieve this?)

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To my knowledge the only list options are *.nds/*.nds,*.sav/*.* Unless you can make a feature request to the AK devs this isn't going to change, you have to go into the function and add an ifcheck to disregard that one .nds file by name.

The health warning is a new one for me. I know that there's a firmware revision called FlashMe that will disable that, but I can't imagine how simply running an R4 in the slot will disable that since the DS boots the firmware before doing anything with the card. Are you sure this is accurate? Can you post a link?

mhkwong

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dib said:
To my knowledge the only list options are *.nds/*.nds,*.sav/*.* Unless you can make a feature request to the AK devs this isn't going to change, you have to go into the function and add an ifcheck to disregard that one .nds file by name.

The health warning is a new one for me. I know that there's a firmware revision called FlashMe that will disable that, but I can't imagine how simply running an R4 in the slot will disable that since the DS boots the firmware before doing anything with the card. Are you sure this is accurate? Can you post a link?

hmm... i see if i can request AK dev for that function in the next update then.

hmm...
what i mean is, when you turn on the NDS with R4 cart. it shows you the warning message but it doesnt require you to press/touch the screen to continue.
while with the acekard 2, you turn on the NDS. it shows you the warning message and requires your attention before you can continue.

i used the wrong words in my question... what i meant is, is there a way to allow the acekard 2 to boot straight into the menu after the warning message without you pressing/touching the screen to continue?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can change the option in the NDS settings to have it automatically load a slot 1 cartridge if there is one inserted.

As for hiding akmenu4.nds, can't you make the file hidden or does the original firmware not hide hidden files?

-Bri

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just leave akmenu4 on root and use folders for the other files, ak2 loads to last folder = you dont see it

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kingof4j said:
hey! i just got my acekart 2, just wondering if there is any way of bypassing the nds loading screen (like the R4, boots straight to the menu without having you read the warning sign and pressing a button?)

and how do you hide akmenu4.nds from the menu? (i know akmenu4.nds dont show if i use the bliss custom firmware. but i want to use the standard firmware. is there a way to achieve this?)
Any reason you don't want to use bliss' custom firmware?

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
"and how do you hide akmenu4.nds from the menu? (i know akmenu4.nds dont show if i use the bliss custom firmware. but i want to use the standard firmware. is there a way to achieve this?)"

On your PC; right click, properties, hidden(check box)...this will hide your _AK2menu4.nds...or whatever file(s) you hide.

i'm not sure if the files will actually 'hide' on standard firmware,..the Bliss loader is way kewler, bro

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Swip said:
kingof4j said:

What does that matter? He said he wants to use the first party loader, so leave it at that.

mhkwong

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jabjab said:
just leave akmenu4 on root and use folders for the other files, ak2 loads to last folder = you dont see it

Yeh thanks, Im doing that now.
Edit: Ok... i caved it... Im using bliss now.

Swip said:
kingof4j said:

I dont know.... its just me... i have a thing for first party loaders. and i had trouble installing it at first.

Posts merged

dib said:
Swip said:
QUOTE(kingof4j @ May 9 2008, 02:07 PM) hey! i just got my acekart 2, just wondering if there is any way of bypassing the nds loading screen (like the R4, boots straight to the menu without having you read the warning sign and pressing a button?)

What does that matter? He said he wants to use the first party loader, so leave it at that.

if the difference between 1st party loader and 3rd party loader aint that much... i prefer 1st party. But bliss does offer something i want, so i've been convinced now. i manage to install bliss's loader perfectly this time, so im using it now.

QUOTE(Chedderknight @ May 10 2008, 12:01 PM)
I know the feature he speaks of, it is also implemented in the M3Real, I'm pretty sure it can be done in future updates

yeh u know what i mean... its a minor thing... but it annoys me a bit, i got so used to switching my DS on... and see the loader's menu without pressing a button. For now, im just gonna have to deal with it. But i really hope either AK team or bliss to implement this into the loader.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
kingof4j said:
if the difference between 1st party loader and 3rd party loader aint that much... i prefer 1st party. But bliss does offer something i want, so i've been convinced now. i manage to install bliss's loader perfectly this time, so im using it now.

Actually Bliss firmware is a modification of the official one, so I don't think you'll miss anything, and the changes make it better too.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you missed my post where I mentioned that you can load directly to the AK2 menu and bypass the NDS menu. Here are the steps:
[*]In the NDS menu, click the little icon at the bottom center of the touch screen (the "settings" icon that looks like a little NDS).[*]Click the icon on the left that looks like a wrench.[*]Click the top icon that looks like an arrow pointing to a slot.[*]Select the bottom option "auto mode" (if a DS Card or a Game Pak is inserted when you power up, the game will begin automatically). That will launch the AK2 menu if the AK2 is inserted when you turn on your DS.
-Bri

CeePhour

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.HWHQ.com
XP
Country
United States
You're missing what he's saying.

With the R4 (and some others I imagine, and obviously the M3 DS Simply) - you power on the DS, the Health & Safety screen basically comes up for a split second, then ON ITS OWN goes away and loads the R4's menu.

I too would love to see this feature added to other cards. The Cyclo doesn't do it either, and with as slow as that card is, it would be a benefit.

Until this feature is added your only real option is to replace your DS's firmware with FlashMe.

Might want to look around on the Cyclo forums, they may have mentioned that this was not possible for one reason or another (just the way the cart was designed?) on the Cyclo DS Evolution, which would be a good indicator that it would not be possible on the Acekard 2 also (if they simply "wern't designed to").

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
CeePhour said:

With the R4 (and some others I imagine, and obviously the M3 DS Simply) - you power on the DS, the Health & Safety screen basically comes up for a split second, then ON ITS OWN goes away and loads the R4's menu.

I too would love to see this feature added to other cards. The Cyclo doesn't do it either, and with as slow as that card is, it would be a benefit.

Until this feature is added your only real option is to replace your DS's firmware with FlashMe.

Might want to look around on the Cyclo forums, they may have mentioned that this was not possible for one reason or another (just the way the cart was designed?) on the Cyclo DS Evolution, which would be a good indicator that it would not be possible on the Acekard 2 also (if they simply "wern't designed to").
I believe it has something to do with the unflashable loader, the same thing that everyone used to counter the probability of R4 getting SDHC. AK2's loader could be flashable though, who knows? And I am now growing interests toward this Flashme thing, is it worth it to do it for SLOT1 cards? Well, just to take out the health and safety nag screens. Also, is it possible to do it with just a SLOT1 card? Say, an AK2?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for clarifying, CeePhour. Yes, I did misunderstand. I guess it never occurred to me that one click would bother someone that much!

-Bri

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
That suckie health loading screen can be bypassed easily but price is that you dont store settings in ds like birthdate etc. Just put out battery for maybe a minute, and put in acekard (dont sen nothing earlier in nds settings). Voila you will have direct loading of acekard but price is no birth and time settings plus no screen calibration, but you can live with it. (I discovered it cose I often change batteries because of my cradle charger
smile.gif
).

mhkwong

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
azotyp said:
That suckie health loading screen can be bypassed easily but price is that you dont store settings in ds like birthdate etc. Just put out battery for maybe a minute, and put in acekard (dont sen nothing earlier in nds settings). Voila you will have direct loading of acekard but price is no birth and time settings plus no screen calibration, but you can live with it. (I discovered it cose I often change batteries because of my cradle charger
smile.gif
).

yes, thank you for your solution. but if you dont fill in any settings for the ds. you will lose the date and time feature on ak2's menu.

EDIT: ok i manage to solve this... you can have the date and time feature on the ak2 menu. to do this, just fill in the setting information until the ds ask your your date of birth. once at that stage. switch off the ds. and insert the ak2. you will have the ds name, date and time feature enabled.

mhkwong

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kellicros said:
CeePhour said:

I believe it has something to do with the unflashable loader, the same thing that everyone used to counter the probability of R4 getting SDHC. AK2's loader could be flashable though, who knows? And I am now growing interests toward this Flashme thing, is it worth it to do it for SLOT1 cards? Well, just to take out the health and safety nag screens. Also, is it possible to do it with just a SLOT1 card? Say, an AK2?

hmm... does that means a m3real loader is flashable too? because the m3real loader has this feature.

well now, i managed to bypass the heath warning completely without using FlashMe. I still hope they add this feature to ak2 and other carts. Like you said, it would really benefit them.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
kingof4j said:
Kellicros said:
CeePhour said:

hmm... does that means a m3real loader is flashable too? because the m3real loader has this feature.
Does it come with this feature at the launch or was it fixed later in a patch? If it is the later then it could be a flashable chip. Note that when I said "loader", I mean the one shows "LOADING" before the AK2 firmware boots, not the firmware itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free