Hacking help about switch if possible to hack

ponching27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
good day, i just want to know if i can use exploit or softmod with my current firmware 3.0.2.. and what kind of exploit or any hack can i use.. thank you

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Owenge,

ponching27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is 100% unpatched, first patched unit firmware is 4.1.0 I believe.
its said not patched am i good to hack my switch?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It could only be hacked if it is a non patched system. The only way to get HB though a software exploit is on v.1.0.0 to v. 3.0.0
is there a way to downgrade my switch to 3.0.0

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 137

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Answer to that should be fairly obvious. If it's not patched, it'll be hackable. The patch is what stops the exploits working.

Yes, there's a way to downgrade your Switch. Should you do it? Probably not. Booting into official firmware burns fuses depending one which firmware you are on. If you click HERE and head to the bottom of the page, it says that a retail switch will have 4 fuses burnt on Firmware 3.0.2.

A 3.0.0 System only has 3 fuses burnt. I'm not an expert on the subject but I'm sure someone here could explain why that's a bad thing.

I would recommend using "ChoiDuJourNX" Homebrew to update your firmware to 6.0.0 anyway once it's hacked. Why not have a later update if you can still use homebrew and hacks?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good day, i just want to know if i can use exploit or softmod with my current firmware 3.0.2.. and what kind of exploit or any hack can i use.. thank you
Your Switch is permanently hackable using the RCM exploit. No software update can change this, so your system version doesn't matter. You need to find a way to enter RCM before using homebrew. Personally, I prefer the paperclip method before installing AutoRCM, but it's a matter of personal preference.

You are free to update your Switch if you like, but you will be unable to downgrade for future and more convenient exploits that target lower system versions. If you want to update without burning fuses so you can downgrade later, you can update using ChoiDujourNX, but this requires that you install AutoRCM and coldboot into RCM each time you power your system on.

If you use homebrew on your Switch, you do risk being banned from online play.

Last edited by Lacius,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is no permanent cfw, where you gotta run a payload everytime the system Coldboot, if you boot into official firmware with fuse count lower than what that firmware fuse count is you burn your fuse.

ponching27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont know what to do.. guys please enlighten me.. do i need to use choidojurNX ot update my switch to 6.0.0 or wait..
please direct me to a safe guide if you guys have.. thanks

Your Switch is permanently hackable using the RCM exploit. No software update can change this, so your system version doesn't matter. You need to find a way to enter RCM before using homebrew. Personally, I prefer the paperclip method before installing AutoRCM, but it's a matter of personal preference.

You are free to update your Switch if you like, but you will be unable to downgrade for future and more convenient exploits that target lower system versions. If you want to update without burning fuses so you can downgrade later, you can update using ChoiDujourNX, but this requires that you install AutoRCM and coldboot into RCM each time you power your system on.

If you use homebrew on your Switch, you do risk being banned from online play.

can this brick my switch..? thanks men.. i think i follow you

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know what to do.. guys please enlighten me.. do i need to use choidojurNX ot update my switch to 6.0.0 or wait..
please direct me to a safe guide if you guys have.. thanks

You can update to 6.2.0 using choidujourNX but don't boot into ofw, only boot into cfw like reinx or Atmosphere or SX OS that has fuse protection. Booting a choidujourNX update firmware in ofw will burn your fuse.

ponching27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can update to 6.2.0 using choidujourNX but don't boot into ofw, only boot into cfw like reinx or Atmosphere or SX OS that has fuse protection. Booting a choidujourNX update firmware in ofw will burn your fuse.

what if i accidentally boot from ofw. willi brick my switch?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can this brick my switch..? thanks men.. i think i follow you
If you make a NAND backup before doing anything, you're unlikely to irreparably brick your Switch.

what if i accidentally boot from ofw. willi brick my switch?
If you have AutoRCM installed, you cannot boot stock OFW in a way that burns fuses.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that true? Didn't actually know that.

What if it's a newly purchased switch with the exploits removed already? Maybe this is more to do with something else they've changed than a firmware update

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/
This is an untrue statement by an uninformed user. All current firmawares are hackable as long as you have an unpatched unit. In the past several months Nintendo has released switches that are ipatched. This means you can still get into RCM but you cant launch a firmware.

So you have to check whether your switch is ipatched or not. If its ipatched you cant do any modding. If it's not then you're good to go

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that true? Didn't actually know that.

What if it's a newly purchased switch with the exploits removed already? Maybe this is more to do with something else they've changed than a firmware update

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/
If the Switch is older and not ipatched, it's permanently hackable. Now, that does not always mean that CFW will be compatible with the latest software versions (CFW is currently compatible with the latest software version, which is 6.2.0 as of this post), but the older Switch itself is forever vulnerable to the RCM exploit.

ponching27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the Switch is older and not ipatched, it's permanently hackable. Now, that does not always mean that CFW will be compatible with the latest software versions (CFW is currently compatible with the latest software version, which is 6.2.0 as of this post), but the older Switch itself is forever vulnerable to the RCM exploit.
Sir can you give me a step by step tutorial to safely hack my switch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1