Hacking Help a noob thread (please)

jtenma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a new happy owner of the Acekard 2i (upgraded from DSTT)! But I noticed something as soon as I started using it. After awhile my game starts doing a weird buzzing sound.

Naturally I reset the DS and tried again, no dice. I tried taking out my headphones to see if that was the problem, no dice. Am I missing something? Please help, it is annoyingly loud during my warioware DIy gaming.
frown.gif

Oh btw, I'm on a DSLITE if that even matters.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
what is the hwid number of your acekard. you can find the information by going to start (or menu) -> help.

could be the msd needs to be formatted
could be the card is not making full contact
could be the dump of the rom
could be a bunch of other stuff =P

once we know the hwid and can verify that it probably isn't a clone ak2i, then the next step would be to do a full format using the panasonic formatter. followed by a clean install of akaio. don't trim roms, use cheats, or other patches while testing.

can you try a retail cart to see if it is perhaps the nds?

-another world

jtenma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I just had HG in there for a retail rom but HWID? What is that? BTW, thanks for your response.

EDIT: It starts out fine too, but then it just comes out of nowhere and starts buzzing.

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
If I were to guess I would say one of three things.

1. Your soundcard in the DS is broken.
2. Your headphones are broken.
3. The acekard may have a bad connection to the DS. Try to clean the contacts and maybe try the paper trick.

jtenma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sinistral89 said:
If I were to guess I would say one of three things.

1. Your soundcard in the DS is broken.
2. Your headphones are broken.
3. The acekard may have a bad connection to the DS. Try to clean the contacts and maybe try the paper trick.

1. Tried a retail HG and just had my DSTT in there (worked fine)
2. Tried without headphones.
3. I will try to clean, I just got it though (fresh out the pack.)

Posts merged

Yes the actual HG cart.

Also, I'll even open it from sleep and it will be fine. After awhile though I know what is going to happen. Once again thank you for your responses.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if a real game and your dstt work then its not the nds.

so what is the HWID of your ak2i?

again you goto start - > help in the firmware to get the ID number. also what color is the Circuit board of your ak2i? finally does the top have a "window" under the sticker for the chip to stick through? if you put your hand over the sticker you would be able to feel the chip. also you can sort of see the chip under the sticker.

-another world

jtenma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It apparently says "HW: 81"

EDIT: I am going to try my dump of Strange journey to see if i can post some more results.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you should probably verify that it is not a clone. www.acekard.com/news.php for more information. so far only the hw44 has been reported to have a clone. the hw81s all appear to be legit.

all REAL acekards products have a 1 yr warranty. before you try to make any returns you should format the msd with the panasonic formatter and try a handful of roms. try some homebrew, etc.

-another world

jtenma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
jtenma said:
Yes I just had HG in there for a retail rom but HWID? What is that? BTW, thanks for your response.

by that you mean an actual real nds cart? not a ROM running on a flash linker?

hwid = HardWare ID

-another world

QUOTE(Another World @ Mar 31 2010, 12:06 AM)
you should probably verify that it is not a clone. www.acekard.com/news.php for more information. so far only the hw44 has been reported to have a clone. the hw81s all appear to be legit.

all REAL acekards products have a 1 yr warranty. before you try to make any returns you should format the msd with the panasonic formatter and try a handful of roms. try some homebrew, etc.

-another world

By now it should have started buzzing. You were right, that WW DIY was a bad dump or something (or maybe because I pushed the card in extra tight this time lulz) but SMT ST did not buzz yet. Thank you again!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the ak2i does suffer from contact issues. i've never heard of 'buzzing' as a problem but you might be hearing the contact problem through the speakers. i have had that happen with computers. if you continue to have issues with it just RMA it and get a new kit. you don't want to have to fiddle with it all the time. you can't enjoy it that way.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1