Help a newbie out!

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Beyns, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Beyns
    OP

Beyns Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    Hey all!

I once visited this site when I accidentally updated my 3ds which has ReiNAND in it. I got some help from people here but I don't know what's wrong. It involved replacing certain files and folders to "upgrade" the NAND to a newer version. Now, I tried doing that and the device turned on but didn't proceed to the Home Screen. I saved my original files on my external hard drive. When I tried to go back to fixing the 3ds again, I can't remember which files I altered. When I get back to my original files, it was corrupted. :(

I asked one of my friends what to do and he said to ask for stock files or original files (untouched, unedited, unaltered, what you can get from the memory chip when you bu the 3ds), put it in my memory chip, try to turn on the device, turn off the wi-fi receiver, and put NAND to it.

Will the process be possible. Will I be able to get a copy of the stock files? Can you help me guys pleaaaaaase.

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I would love to help but ReiNAND is just awful. Sorry.

3. Beyns
    OP

Beyns Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    Maybe you have some stock files?

4. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    Idk what is meant by stock files. I have luma.

5. Beyns
    OP

Beyns Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    Stock files - original files in your 3ds.

6. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Here's some advice: make descriptive topic titles in the future. "Help a newbie out" is going to be ignored by most people that may be able to help you because they have no idea that your issue is just by looking through the topic list.

7. Beyns
    OP

Beyns Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    So
    Sorry. I don't know how to describe this topic.

8. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Just summarize your setup right now and I'll try to get you out of it. Long rambling op's are hard to read.

Pyra likes this.