Hacking help a layman choose a cart

acillatem214

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you get these types of threads all the time so please excuse me.

I'm buying my little brother a dslite for christmas and I just need to know which loader to get. I've had some experience with mod devices and loaders from owning a EZFA for my gba and a wiikey for my wii. I was happy with those purchases and never had second thoughts whether I bought the right device.

However, I don't have the time to do as much research as I want to for my next purchase and I don't really understand most of the lingo. So I'm asking you, the more experienced users, for your recommendation.

I just need something that will work (essentially something that will play all the pokemon games, ds & gba, perfectly). I already have a Kingston 2GB microSD card to spare so I would like a device compatible with that. Upon brief inspection of some reviews, it looks like the best cards are the R4DS and the M3DS Real??

I'll just go with what the majority your replies' recommend.

Thanks
grog.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R4 can't connect to a Wii and the M3DS real... Meh I know nothing about. >_>

Easiest option: CycloDS + 3-in-1. But that's just me.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The R4 can't connect pokemon DP to pokemon battle revolution but if that's not a problem then the R4 can play all DS games. If you want both GBA and DS compatibility get an M3 real with a gba expansion pack that is included. The M3 can also not connect to Wii that well but thats really not a big deal. My personal fave is the acekard RPG but that is really not a card for beginners.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Who's layman?
biggrin.gif

If you like the EZFlash for your GBA, then get an EZFlash IV for the DS. It can play both GBA games and NDS, but you either need a no pass or dummy card just to run it by itself. Patching every games is kinda a task though.

Or if you want a good slot 1and slot 2 combo that's cheap, get the R4 + EZF3-in-1. R4 is easy to use and a good cart overall, and the 3-in-1 supports Rumble and is a RAM expansion if you want to use Opera or anything like that.

What I would do, start off with an R4 + EZF Exp. and then upgrade to a Cyclo later if you love that combo.

mkaiji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about hijacking this thread, but I am trying to compile a list of all the SDHC capable Slot 1 devices and later do my research on which cart I want to purchase. I'll list the ones I know here and can someone tell me if there are any others that I haven't mentioned.

Acekard RPG
Cyclo Evolution
M3 Real
DSTT

fryfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't already purchased, I'd probably pick the CycloDS + EZ 3in1. It's main advantage is supporting SDHC which means *someday* you'll be able to use 4G or 8G cards with it if you want. R4DS will limit you to the 2G card you have now for-evah. Unless they solve the problem in firmware, which I am not sure is possible on the R4.

I have EZV, CycloDS, EZ 3in1 and EZIV Lite Deluxe, but have never seen an R4DS. Skip the EZIV and EZV, for the money you can get much better carts. The EZV is behind a few features of all the other carts and the slot2 cards are old and not updated anymore. Don't bother. Get a slot1 with a slot2 addon like the 3in1 or another like it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: And what?