Homebrew HELP 3DS bricked after updating

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I received an update notification for Kirby, so in order to update the software, I had to update the system. It was on 11.6 I believe. So I prompted OK to update to update to whatever the latest version is.

Upon restarting the 3DS, it says:"An error has occurred. Failed to apply 1 FIRM Patch(es). Press any button to shutdown.
This is every time I try to boot the 3DS, I thought updating was safe?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello.

I received an update notification for Kirby, so in order to update the software, I had to update the system. It was on 11.6 I believe. So I prompted OK to update to update to whatever the latest version is.

Upon restarting the 3DS, it says:"An error has occurred. Failed to apply 1 FIRM Patch(es). Press any button to shutdown.
This is every time I try to boot the 3DS, I thought updating was safe?
This is like the HUNDREDTH-something thread on this error, use the search next time for these things! It's not a brick, it's just that you have an outdated version of Luma since older versions don't work on 11.8 and up, so simply update your Luma and it will work fine afterwards. Get it from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases And assuming you have b9s instead of a9lh, simply replace the boot.firm at the root of the SD card with the updated one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.