Hacking HELP!!! 2DS is potentially bricked!!!

clutchkinder8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was downloading cfw onto my 2ds xl when the screen went black and now the power button just flashes on and off but the screen is still black. I've seen a couple of videos that say to put a boot.firm file onto the root of the sd card but I did and it still won't work!! Can someone please please help me!!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Were you following https://3ds.guide or a video? If you were following the proper guide you should be using the latest everything - so you need the latest Luma. If you have the latest boot.firm and you were following the guide, perhaps your SD is corrupted. Try with a different one.

clutchkinder8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you following https://3ds.guide or a video? If you were following the proper guide you should be using the latest everything - so you need the latest Luma. If you have the latest boot.firm and you were following the guide, perhaps your SD is corrupted. Try with a different one.
I've tried a different SD card, the problem may be that the version that the video was following was 11.8 and my version is 11.10 but a bunch of people in the comment section said the video still worked. Could you give me a link to a good video to follow or will setting up my SD card again not do any good at this point?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've tried a different SD card, the problem may be that the version that the video was following was 11.8 and my version is 11.10 but a bunch of people in the comment section said the video still worked. Could you give me a link to a good video to follow or will setting up my SD card again not do any good at this point?
Use 3ds.guide

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never use a video guide. As everyone's suggesting, use 3ds.guide instead.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
no luck unfortunately, please tell me there is something else I can do. Would it help if I posted what my SD card looks like
No that wouldn't really help. Maybe if you told us at a high level what the video told you to do and what versions of files it used (edit: you're not likely to find someone who will watch the video all the way through to work out what you might have done, one of the many reasons following video guides isn't recommended as troubleshooting is incredibly difficult).
You should also run your SD card through this test https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows) to make sure that it isn't at fault.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

clutchkinder8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No that wouldn't really help. Maybe if you told us at a high level what the video told you to do and what versions of files it used.
You should also run your SD card through this test https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows) to make sure that it isn't at fault.
Im doing the test atm if that doesnt work for me then ill post a link to the video and explain what I got to, thank you for your help, I really hope theres someway to fix it

clutchkinder8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No that wouldn't really help. Maybe if you told us at a high level what the video told you to do and what versions of files it used (edit: you're not likely to find someone who will watch the video all the way through to work out what you might have done, one of the many reasons following video guides isn't recommended as troubleshooting is incredibly difficult).
Test came back and theres nothing wrong with the SD card. So here is a link to the video I watched
I got to 8:27 where he clicked on frame 1 and the new option and right after that the screen went black and it has refused to come on since with the blue light flashing on and off but the screen never coming on. I hope that helped, thank you for trying to help me

clutchkinder8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Test came back and theres nothing wrong with the SD card. So here is a link to the video I watched
I got to 8:27 where he clicked on frame 1 and the new option and right after that the screen went black and it has refused to come on since with the blue light flashing on and off but the screen never coming on. I hope that helped, thank you for trying to help me

HUGE UPDATE. I got it back on!!! But now its at Luma3DS configuration and its showing a ton of different options and I have no idea what to press

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn