Helip can't Install Dios Mios 2.5?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pootis, Nov 12, 2012.

Nov 12, 2012
  1. pootis
    OP

Newcomer pootis Newbie

United States
    Ok, so I put Dios Mios 2.5 in my sd's wad folder, went into Wad manager 1.7, I went to install it, everything went fine, no errors. But it wont show up on my wii's home screen, whys that? Im a noob, sorry. (I use ios249 at the selection screen too)

2. Overseer

Newcomer Overseer Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Dios Mios doesn't appear on your Wii System menu, it replaces the MIOS. In order to run it you need either DM(L) Booter or a USB Loader GX/Cfg USB/WiiFlow etc.

3. pootis
    OP

Newcomer pootis Newbie

United States
    Oh thank you!!! I believe I have usb loader gx on my homebrew channel, so on the usb loader I pick the game I want to play? Is it that easy? im not sure, im not as smart as you guys, but thanks for the help. plus, i tried right now running gamecube discs, got a black screen. i guess this is just what happens when you install dios mios?

Edit: Also In the download (dm 2.5) there appears to be more than just the wad. what do i do with these files? im hopeless!

4. LinkFan16

Member LinkFan16 I link them all

Germany
    To run dios mios, all you have to do is install the wad. Then put each of your gamecube games in the "games" folder on the root of your usb device (or sd card if you are using dios mios lite) like this:

X:\game\sample game (e.g. Mario Kart Double Dash)\game.iso

Note: The iso file needs to be renamed to game.iso in order for dios mios to see it.
    Then just start the newest version of whatever usb loader you prefer, pick your game and have fun.