Hacking Hekate won't boot (black screen)

Watanays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Was wondering if my switch is bricked. I installed Atmosphere and had access to Hekate, I configured my EmuMMC and all but when I tried to use EmuMMC it just loads back to Hekate.
So I tried to press a few buttons on Hekate. I went to the payload button and pressed fusee.bin and my Switch went black. Now everytime I try to boot Hekate it stays black but Atmosphere works fine.
I also tried to inject Hekate using an RCM Loader and it still fails to boot. Is it still possible to fix this?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard boot the unit by holding the power button for like 30 seconds, force it to shut down and then you can try to push a payload again.

Watanays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hard boot the unit by holding the power button for like 30 seconds, force it to shut down and then you can try to push a payload again.
I tried this and still it doesn't load. RCM Loader worked fine tho the light went on but Hekate still won't boot. Should I wipe my sd and reinstall?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate doesn't rely on any file on the SD card, technically you can push the payload without any SD card inserted, you can try updating the payload again, maybe the file was corrupted. Try pushing Hekate from a computer see if it boot or not, if it boot then the problem is the dongle.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Watanays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hekate doesn't rely on any file on the SD card, technically you can push the payload without any SD card inserted, you can try updating the payload again, maybe the file was corrupted. Try pushing Hekate from a computer see if it boot or not, if it boot then the problem is the dongle.
I updated and injected the payload without an SD, it still failed.
Tegra can't detect my switch too with drivers installed. (Bought a dongle because of this)
So the problem is either my switch or dongle?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated and injected the payload without an SD, it still failed.
Tegra can't detect my switch too with drivers installed. (Bought a dongle because of this)
So the problem is either my switch or dongle?

Might be your switch, I haven't really heard of someone can't inject Hekate if they have an unpatched unit, if you can push Atmosphere from a computer then might be the Hekate payload itself, might have to contact @CTCaer.

Watanays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Might be your switch, I haven't really heard of someone can't inject Hekate if they have an unpatched unit, if you can push Atmosphere from a computer then might be the Hekate payload itself, might have to contact @CTCaer.
Is it safe to wipe my SD that has EmuMMC? I'll just try to install everything again.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Hekate doesn't touch your SD, you should figure out why you can push Atmosphere but not Hekate, did you use the latest build?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is old but I have the same problem. Today I updated from 9.2 to 10.0.2 and I can boot Atmosphere and SX OS but when I boot to Hekate_ctcaer 5.2.0.bin using TegraRCM I get a black screen. Does anyone know a solution?

Dat_Hombre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is old but I have the same problem. Today I updated from 9.2 to 10.0.2 and I can boot Atmosphere and SX OS but when I boot to Hekate_ctcaer 5.2.0.bin using TegraRCM I get a black screen. Does anyone know a solution?

I just looked this up because the exact same thing has been happening to me after updating as well. Not sure how to fix it sadly.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just looked this up because the exact same thing has been happening to me after updating as well. Not sure how to fix it sadly.

For me I was dumb and not paying attention. I didn't install bootloader folder to sd card. I didn't think Hekate needed anything on the sd card but I was wrong.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
I am not 100 percent sure this is touching on any of the issues here, but just wanted to say that a problem with black screen when booting hekate via SX OS has been fixed in latest SX OS. I had problems booting hekate for a while because of that problem, but just update SX to latest and it will work again, at least for me.

Last edited by rsn8887,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.