Hacking Question Hekate: Failed to identify kernel error

Oatmeald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't booted the CFW EMUMMC version for a while, but when I did today it said: Failed to indentify kernel! Failed to launch HOS! I saw some other forum posts and followed them, but it still shows the same error. I'm using the latest version of hekate. Does anybody know a potential fix?

Oatmeald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update OFW or Atmosphere and forgot to update Hekate as well?
I haven't manually updated any time recently. Like I said I hadn't booted up any CFW for around a week, and the error could have occured any time within the week.

MiloThatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Experiencing the same issue. I tried loading up NES online and it said something about an update and I clicked A too fast to see what the update was for... I think I updated my fw accidentally and now atmosphere won’t boot lol. Settings says I’m OFW 9.1.0. What do I do?

venom19910

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Experiencing the same issue. I tried loading up NES online and it said something about an update and I clicked A too fast to see what the update was for... I think I updated my fw accidentally and now atmosphere won’t boot lol. Settings says I’m OFW 9.1.0. What do I do?
Something similar happened to me, did u solve it?

PixelTheKWolf

Memelord Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll more then likely need to update both hekate and atmosphere to the latest version. I've had a few odd issues with it, and usually just re-updating atmosphere and hekate fixes the issue for me. If that doesn't fix it, i'd suggest backing up the whole sd card and starting from scratch to see if that fixes it, then copy the Nintendo folder back to the SD card, along with the folder for EMMC if your using a file based configuration. If your using a Partition based setup, however, i'd suggest just backing up the readable partition and starting that from scratch like previously stated. I like to keep my updates of hekate and atmosphere in sync, as sometimes version differences between them can cause issues.
Ex. only updating atmosphere and not hekate can cause decryption errors, if i recall correctly.

Last edited by PixelTheKWolf,
D

Deleted User

I haven't booted the CFW EMUMMC version for a while, but when I did today it said: Failed to indentify kernel! Failed to launch HOS! I saw some other forum posts and followed them, but it still shows the same error. I'm using the latest version of hekate. Does anybody know a potential fix?

Updake Hekate to hekate_ctcaer_5.1.2

or

Update Atmosphere to 10.3

Reactions: MiloThatch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap