ROM Hack HeartGold piracy patch WITHOUT English?

R35

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. Quick question: Does anybody have a source to a Heartgold rom anti-piracy patch WITHOUT an English translation? (That is if the games have anti piracy measures in the first place.)

Thanks.

Blackout

Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Not to revive a dead/old thread, but I've been wondering this myself.

All the searches I've made for Rudolph's HGSS AP patch come up with US and EU versions only and I've been unable to find one for the JP versions of HGSS.

Could someone assist in providing some help as to where to find a JP HGSS AP patch w/o translation?

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Blackout said:

All the searches I've made for Rudolph's HGSS AP patch come up with US and EU versions only and I've been unable to find one for the JP versions of HGSS.

Could someone assist in providing some help as to where to find a JP HGSS AP patch w/o translation?
You could try backing up the ROM, patching it (but not the backup), then extract all files from both files (the patched and the backup) using DS Lazy or DS Buff, and replacing the language files on the patched one from the backup. Most likely (I'm no expert though), the only file that the AP patch should change is the arm7 or arm9 file.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blackout said:

Um, by now, your cart should be able to bypass the anti-piracy by itself, unless you have an R4 or something...
unsure.gif

Blackout

Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Slyakin said:
Um, by now, your cart should be able to bypass the anti-piracy by itself, unless you have an R4 or something...
unsure.gif

I've got a SCDS ONE SDHC running DSONE SDHC Evolution V1.0 SP3_0618 but it still freezes up after an hour or so of play.

Now, could it possibly be because it was played before the OS was updated? I don't think that creating a new SAV would make a difference, but I'm just throwing that out there if it's of any help.

UPDATE: I just found this thread detailing how its supposed to be fixed in EOS. I'll try a clean save and see how things turn out

UPDATE: So yeah it froze again. Looks like I need the JP AP patch. Can anyone point me in that direction?

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Blackout said:
Slyakin said:
unsure.gif

I've got a SCDS ONE SDHC running DSONE SDHC Evolution V1.0 SP3_0618 but it still freezes up after an hour or so of play.

Now, could it possibly be because it was played before the OS was updated? I don't think that creating a new SAV would make a difference, but I'm just throwing that out there if it's of any help.

UPDATE: I just found this thread detailing how its supposed to be fixed in EOS. I'll try a clean save and see how things turn out

UPDATE: So yeah it froze again. Looks like I need the JP AP patch. Can anyone point me in that direction?

Just google up the same thing from the thread earlier. Rudolph fixed this quite some time ago.

Blackout

Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
CrashmanX said:
Just google up the same thing from the thread earlier. Rudolph fixed this quite some time ago.

I've Googled and tried many of the patches already and they still freeze my Japanese HeartGold ROM.

I've already read that Rudolph patched the Japanese version and it wouldn't work with the US version (Prior to getting a working patch for the US version), but I've been unable to find the JP patch with any searches I've made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.