HeartGold piracy patch WITHOUT English?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by R35, Sep 29, 2009.

Sep 29, 2009
  1. R35
    OP

Newcomer R35 Member

United States
    Hey all. Quick question: Does anybody have a source to a Heartgold rom anti-piracy patch WITHOUT an English translation? (That is if the games have anti piracy measures in the first place.)

Thanks.

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    google the rudolph's anti-piracy patch for hg/ss

3. R35
    OP

Newcomer R35 Member

United States
    Alright, so that will fix the freezing without adding English support?

Thanks.

4. Blackout

Member Blackout GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Not to revive a dead/old thread, but I've been wondering this myself.

All the searches I've made for Rudolph's HGSS AP patch come up with US and EU versions only and I've been unable to find one for the JP versions of HGSS.

Could someone assist in providing some help as to where to find a JP HGSS AP patch w/o translation?

5. UniqueGeek

Member UniqueGeek PMD Researcher

United States
    You could try backing up the ROM, patching it (but not the backup), then extract all files from both files (the patched and the backup) using DS Lazy or DS Buff, and replacing the language files on the patched one from the backup. Most likely (I'm no expert though), the only file that the AP patch should change is the arm7 or arm9 file.

6. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Um, by now, your cart should be able to bypass the anti-piracy by itself, unless you have an R4 or something... [​IMG]

7. Blackout

Canada
    I've got a SCDS ONE SDHC running DSONE SDHC Evolution V1.0 SP3_0618 but it still freezes up after an hour or so of play.

Now, could it possibly be because it was played before the OS was updated? I don't think that creating a new SAV would make a difference, but I'm just throwing that out there if it's of any help.

UPDATE: I just found this thread detailing how its supposed to be fixed in EOS. I'll try a clean save and see how things turn out

UPDATE: So yeah it froze again. Looks like I need the JP AP patch. Can anyone point me in that direction?

8. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    Just google up the same thing from the thread earlier. Rudolph fixed this quite some time ago.

9. Blackout

Canada
    I've Googled and tried many of the patches already and they still freeze my Japanese HeartGold ROM.

I've already read that Rudolph patched the Japanese version and it wouldn't work with the US version (Prior to getting a working patch for the US version), but I've been unable to find the JP patch with any searches I've made.

10. Necron

Member Necron Lurking~

Chile