Headphone jack stuffed

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by deka01, Mar 19, 2009.

Mar 19, 2009

Headphone jack stuffed by deka01 at 5:21 AM (898 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. deka01
    OP

Member deka01 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    My headphone jack is not working properly i can hear the music fine from some places (it all depend on the orientation of the headphone in thingy) in it while not in other I'v tried with other headphones so i know its not them.
    Does anyone have any ideas about what it may be or how to fix it, or should i sell it and get a new ds.

2. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Buy a replacement from DX.

EDIT: And 1337th post.

3. Radiopools

Newcomer Radiopools Advanced Member

United States
    Selling it might be a little hasty, and perhaps hard to do. I'd look for replacement parts to fix it, and find someone who can repair it.
    I'm assuming it's warranty is out?

4. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    If you're lucky the headphone jack is just not soldered to the main board properly. If you know someone who knows what they're doing with small electronics give it to them to take a look inside.

Come to think of it mine's done it ever since I brought it, I've had it for 2 years and it's never gotten any worse, it's never occured to me to actually fix it.

5. fedgerama

Newcomer fedgerama Advanced Member

United States
    Try a different pair of headphones. That happens to my headphones all the time... I guess they just wear out. It will start with one ear not working at a certain position, then that ear not working at all, then the other ear will start to not work... I got really mad when that happened to my favorite pair of earbuds.