HDTV(480p) not working with backup loaders

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by theauth0r, Jan 9, 2009.

Jan 9, 2009
  1. theauth0r
    OP

Newcomer theauth0r Member

United Kingdom
    I'm running HBC TPH on 3.2E fw (002fixGammaLoader) and whenever I try to run a loader from the backup launcher channel on the main screen all i get is audio and no video.

I'm using a HD component cable with my wii video settings set at HDTV 480p, the only way i can get the games to work is by going into the HBC & running the backup launcher from the sd card.

If i change my video settings to 60hz 480i or 50hz 576i i dont have any issues loading from backup launcher channel, and dont have to use the backup launcher from within the hbc.

Has anyone else had a similar problem.. if so is there any way to get the backup launchers running in hdtv 480p mode?

thx

2. Wiisel

Member Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    assuming your tv is ntsc compatible you should'nt have to force anything [​IMG]

3. theauth0r
    OP

United Kingdom
    Sorry I should have mentioned... PAL console, PAL games, PAL TV [​IMG]

4. Wiisel

United Kingdom
    yeah i kinda guessed you were as you were forcing pal just if its a pretty new tv it could be ntsc compatible as most are nowdays.
    try forcing nothing [​IMG]

5. theauth0r
    OP

United Kingdom

I'll give that a go..... no idea if it's ntsc compatible, its a sony bravia KDL40V4000, will have to check to see if it is.

thx

6. dottor_male

Member dottor_male GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I think it depends on games. I can run Japanese NTSC games without problem, even without forcing PAL, but for US NTSC games, I have to disable 480p mode (I'm using component cable). I've also a sony Bravia, mine is KDL32S25XX.

7. stev418

Member stev418 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    YES! I have the exact same issue with 480p and near all homebrew made channels, the 2 that DO work are the softchip linking channel and the HBC. The only way it seems to work for me with other channels is if i turn my TV off then on, then I get the video. Very annoying to have to do that though, so would really like to know where the problem lies

And my TV is a sony bravia KDL40W4000

EDIT: BTW this has nothing do do with region, I have had my Wii as a PAL and a NTSC wii, the same issue remains

8. dnmn8r

Member dnmn8r GBAtemp Fan

Australia

It's not the wii thats the problem, its the display.

9. theauth0r
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well i'm glad i'm not the only one thats having this issue....

Fingers crossed... someone "in the know" will be able to help out

thx

10. Wiisel

United Kingdom
    after having several faulty bravia's last year (geometry issues) im glad i went for a sammy in the end now

11. bigflause

Newcomer bigflause Member

Ireland
    I have a 40w2000 and all games run fine @ 420p. It is a PAL Wii. using 002 fix backup loader.

12. stev418

Australia
    This isnt a game issue, it is installed channel issue. Also it is ONLY an issue with hombrew channels, official channels are fine.

13. stev418

Australia
    Just a important update on this issue, to fix the issue replace the 02.app from the wad with the NAND loader from any VC game. The newer ones it will be 07.app (
    this one also lets you LZ77 compress the 01.app), or if there are only 7 apps in the VC wad use the 06.app.

Just rename it to 00000002.app and replace and this issue will be gone for good [​IMG]

14. theauth0r
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I've tried the fix and it wont work.

When i try to install the Wiiish-BKUP_480p-FIX.wad you gave me using wad manager v1.3 i get...

ERROR! (ret = -2011)

15. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    theauth0r: that problem is very frustrating, as I have experienced myself.

The exact cause appears to be unknown, however the solution appears to be packing wads from another user account (maybe a newly created one), or packing the wad using a completely different computer.

16. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Error -2011 means a signature check failed. Commonly caused by one or more of the following:
    - Wad file has been edited and not re-fakesigned
    - Wad file wasn't fakesigned properly in the first place
    - 3.4 System update has been applied meaning fakesigning will no longer work (with any regular IOSes)

Waninkoko's cIOS36rev7 has the signature checks almost completely removed, if you have it installed and wadmanager shows the "Custom IOS detected!" message at startup you can use it to install wads with sloppy fakesigning (this is why they fail for some people but not others).

17. Moinsen

Newcomer Moinsen Newbie

Germany
    I also have a sony BRAVIA TV and have tested to replace the 02.app. When I installed the wad with wadmanager 1.3 I get an ERROR RET - 1022.

18. supagusti

Member supagusti GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    I've also a Sony Bravia TV and tested a litte bit with

One Peace Limited Adventure (NTSC)

When I set the Wii (via system menu setup) to 480p the game boots, but video not shown/flickers like hell
    When I set the Wii to 576i (PAL) the game boots normaly with no video issue.

This occurs when starting the game from within the usbloader as well as starting it from DVD.

This is the only game, i have problems with (exept the well-known ones)

19. stev418

Australia
    For game channels just use the 'Comex' ini+ files in WBFSmanager + channel maker 3.3 by HowardC. The comex loader is perfect for the audio/no video problem with bravias