theauth0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm running HBC TPH on 3.2E fw (002fixGammaLoader) and whenever I try to run a loader from the backup launcher channel on the main screen all i get is audio and no video.

I'm using a HD component cable with my wii video settings set at HDTV 480p, the only way i can get the games to work is by going into the HBC & running the backup launcher from the sd card.

If i change my video settings to 60hz 480i or 50hz 576i i dont have any issues loading from backup launcher channel, and dont have to use the backup launcher from within the hbc.

Has anyone else had a similar problem.. if so is there any way to get the backup launchers running in hdtv 480p mode?

thx

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
assuming your tv is ntsc compatible you should'nt have to force anything
smile.gif

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah i kinda guessed you were as you were forcing pal just if its a pretty new tv it could be ntsc compatible as most are nowdays.
try forcing nothing
smile.gif

theauth0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wiisel said:
yeah i kinda guessed you were as you were forcing pal just if its a pretty new tv it could be ntsc compatible as most are nowdays.
try forcing nothing
smile.gif

I'll give that a go..... no idea if it's ntsc compatible, its a sony bravia KDL40V4000, will have to check to see if it is.

thx

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think it depends on games. I can run Japanese NTSC games without problem, even without forcing PAL, but for US NTSC games, I have to disable 480p mode (I'm using component cable). I've also a sony Bravia, mine is KDL32S25XX.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
theauth0r said:
I'm running HBC TPH on 3.2E fw (002fixGammaLoader) and whenever I try to run a loader from the backup launcher channel on the main screen all i get is audio and no video.

I'm using a HD component cable with my wii video settings set at HDTV 480p, the only way i can get the games to work is by going into the HBC & running the backup launcher from the sd card.

If i change my video settings to 60hz 480i or 50hz 576i i dont have any issues loading from backup launcher channel, and dont have to use the backup launcher from within the hbc.

Has anyone else had a similar problem.. if so is there any way to get the backup launchers running in hdtv 480p mode?

thx

YES! I have the exact same issue with 480p and near all homebrew made channels, the 2 that DO work are the softchip linking channel and the HBC. The only way it seems to work for me with other channels is if i turn my TV off then on, then I get the video. Very annoying to have to do that though, so would really like to know where the problem lies

And my TV is a sony bravia KDL40W4000

EDIT: BTW this has nothing do do with region, I have had my Wii as a PAL and a NTSC wii, the same issue remains

D

Deleted User

stev418 said:
EDIT: BTW this has nothing do do with region, I have had my Wii as a PAL and a NTSC wii, the same issue remains

It's not the wii thats the problem, its the display.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bigflause said:
I have a 40w2000 and all games run fine @ 420p. It is a PAL Wii. using 002 fix backup loader.

This isnt a game issue, it is installed channel issue. Also it is ONLY an issue with hombrew channels, official channels are fine.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a important update on this issue, to fix the issue replace the 02.app from the wad with the NAND loader from any VC game. The newer ones it will be 07.app (
this one also lets you LZ77 compress the 01.app), or if there are only 7 apps in the VC wad use the 06.app.

Just rename it to 00000002.app and replace and this issue will be gone for good
wink.gif

theauth0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

I've tried the fix and it wont work.

When i try to install the Wiiish-BKUP_480p-FIX.wad you gave me using wad manager v1.3 i get...

ERROR! (ret = -2011)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
theauth0r: that problem is very frustrating, as I have experienced myself.

The exact cause appears to be unknown, however the solution appears to be packing wads from another user account (maybe a newly created one), or packing the wad using a completely different computer.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Error -2011 means a signature check failed. Commonly caused by one or more of the following:
- Wad file has been edited and not re-fakesigned
- Wad file wasn't fakesigned properly in the first place
- 3.4 System update has been applied meaning fakesigning will no longer work (with any regular IOSes)

Waninkoko's cIOS36rev7 has the signature checks almost completely removed, if you have it installed and wadmanager shows the "Custom IOS detected!" message at startup you can use it to install wads with sloppy fakesigning (this is why they fail for some people but not others).

Moinsen

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
stev418 said:
Just a important update on this issue, to fix the issue replace the 02.app from the wad with the NAND loader from any VC game. The newer ones it will be 07.app (
this one also lets you LZ77 compress the 01.app), or if there are only 7 apps in the VC wad use the 06.app.

wink.gif

I also have a sony BRAVIA TV and have tested to replace the 02.app. When I installed the wad with wadmanager 1.3 I get an ERROR RET - 1022.

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've also a Sony Bravia TV and tested a litte bit with

One Peace Limited Adventure (NTSC)

When I set the Wii (via system menu setup) to 480p the game boots, but video not shown/flickers like hell
When I set the Wii to 576i (PAL) the game boots normaly with no video issue.

This occurs when starting the game from within the usbloader as well as starting it from DVD.

This is the only game, i have problems with (exept the well-known ones)

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Moinsen said:
stev418 said:

wink.gif

I also have a sony BRAVIA TV and have tested to replace the 02.app. When I installed the wad with wadmanager 1.3 I get an ERROR RET - 1022.

What wadpacker are you using? it may not be updating the tmd files (sha1 hashes) use bfgr_wadtools_v039a

QUOTE(supagusti @ Apr 19 2009, 06:56 PM)
I've also a Sony Bravia TV and tested a litte bit with

One Peace Limited Adventure (NTSC)

When I set the Wii (via system menu setup) to 480p the game boots, but video not shown/flickers like hell
When I set the Wii to 576i (PAL) the game boots normaly with no video issue.

This occurs when starting the game from within the usbloader as well as starting it from DVD.

This is the only game, i have problems with (exept the well-known ones)

For game channels just use the 'Comex' ini+ files in WBFSmanager + channel maker 3.3 by HowardC. The comex loader is perfect for the audio/no video problem with bravias

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free