Gaming HDMI from HP G60 to Maxent tv over MX-50X3 connection

Joshua21136

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering how to successfully connect my HP G60 laptop to a Maxent television via a HDMI cable plugging into a MX-50X3 HDMI port on the back of my plasma screen television. Any help would be much appreciated.

Joshua21136

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my laptop monitor set to extend the desktop off of my HDMI and external monitor, I have my HDMI set to duplicate the display of my external monitor, I read that my graphics card can only support 2 monitors or external displays at a time, yet somehow I got my settings applied as they are now last night, but I cannot apply my settings as they were last night, right now. Again I wonder if I might be able to get around this problem and apply my settings now as they were last night. Any help would be much appreciated.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Reading the first post seems simple enough. Reading the second post just hurts my brain (maybe because it's 1:25AM).

Upon plugging a HDMI cable into the laptop/TV, the laptop should immediately register the external monitor. The default action taken depends on the facotry settings. Acer seem to like switching display to the external monitor whilst PB and HP seem to like duplicating the display across both screens. Dell, from what I've seen so far, like to ignore the external display until you tell it to use it. In any case, you should be able to either use a Fn key (like Fn + F5 - it's different with every laptop) to switch between display modes, or Right Click the Desktop and go to Properties/Display Settings/Screen Resolution (depending on your version of Windows).

You can set it to either use the external monitor alone, duplicate display onto the external (it'll be limited to the resolution of the primary monitor) or extend the desktop to the external. If you choose to extend it, you'll have to set the orientation of the two monitors (as in, are they side by side or is one above the other?) to allow your mouse to drag from one monitor to the other, and the resolution of the external monitor (which'll usually be much bigger than the primary monitor on a TV).

Sometimes laptop drivers get confused and switch the primary monitor to the external. It's difficult to change that back, but you can always make sure that it displays the task bar on the laptop monitor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?