anyone have any ideas for this space
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions about hdloader. I will be using free mcboot.

Can it play ps2 cd games?

Can it rip ps2 cd games?

Can it rip imports?

If a game is esr patched can it rip it and play it? If not what about unpatched?

Can it play emulators?

My network adapter network slot is rusty does that matter?

Does the hard drive need a special format?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
I have a few questions about hdloader. I will be using free mcboot.

Can it play ps2 cd games?

Can it rip ps2 cd games?

Can it rip imports?

If a game is esr patched can it rip it and play it? If not what about unpatched?

Can it play emulators?

My network adapter network slot is rusty does that matter?

Does the hard drive need a special format?

The short answer is, yes.

The long answer is, for CD based PS2 games, rip them on the PC and transfer them from the PC.

It can play imports, although you might need to patch them to work with the TV settings.

Not sure about the ESR patched, although if it is patched you can unpatch it. Obviously, yes, it can play unpatched.

The HDLoader is not used for playing emulators. You need to get different programs for emulators.

The rust shouldn't matter unless it's on the contacts. You can buy cheap electronics rust cleaner from Radio Shack.

The HDD is formatted with a special type of format. If you're connecting to the PC to transfer games, it'll require you use specific programs to read the HDD correctly.

NOTE: If you have ripped games on DVD or CD, you can't use the HDLoader program on the PS2 to rip them. You need to rip them on the PC and transfer from the PC to the HDD.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Basically if your PS2 can't read the disc (a non chipped PS2 trying to read imports) then HDLoader will fare no better. The same goes for burned ESR patched games.

The best method (remember we're sparing your laser here!) is to either hook the HDD up directly to a spare IDE cable within your PC or to get yourself an external USB 3.5" IDE Enclosure and use that to manipulate the contents of your PS2 HDD.

Get yourself familiar with WinHiip and it'll all be good. If you have FMCB that means you already have access to Ulaunch and from there can run emulators.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just put them anywhere on the HDD using ulaunch elf
I just put them in the common folder and all apps as well

if the emu cannot read the HDD then you must put them on the memory card or a cd, or if it can read it, a usb drive

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm fairly sure that HDLoader has no problem ripping imports.

I know for a fact it has no problem playing imports. Like if you get a NTSC-J iso, install it on your HD, HDLoader plays it no problem. PAL games rarely work on an NTSC PS2. Some of them can be patched but they usually have centering issues and whatnot, it's hardly worth it considering the very few PAL only PS2 releases. Unless you live in the US and have a burning desire to play Crazy Frog Racing, just stick to NTSC and NTSC-J stuff.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
HDLoader doesn't magically allow your PS2 to read out of region discs. If your PS2 can read the disc then so can HDL....therefore a chipped PS2 will allow you to rip out of region discs but not a stock PS2.

The issues you describe with PAL games on an NTSC system is purely display. If you have a decent TV and cable set up regions become irrelevant with HDD gaming. HDL doesn't care what region the game is, but your TV might. I don't use an LCD myself but i've read that if you use one for your PS2 then PAL and NTSC issues become irrelevant, as they're not standards that apply to LCD screens....although i'm unsure of the veracity of this statement i do know first-hand that a PS2 game generally looks terrible hooked up to a LCD TV compared to it's CRT equivalent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/