Disco-Tek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi !!

I have a 1TB Western Digital GreenPower with as interface Packard Bell Carbon hooked up to my WII and using Wiiflow as USB loader, now when I play Smash brawl and such, at some point it just freezes, and I think it might be because of the spindown... Now, I don't know how to turn it off permantely...

Thanks..

wulfie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if your hdd supports it, but look into Smartware by western digital, it lets you set the spindown or even turn it off

Disco-Tek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wulfie said:
I don't know if your hdd supports it, but look into Smartware by western digital, it lets you set the spindown or even turn it off
Thanks for replying.

Yeah, but I can't find the download link, only "Software update" and "Firmware update" and it seems only to be for Essential and Passport.

I downloaded a cool program called HDDscan, I turned off Acoustic Mode and disabled sleep mode in Power Management, but I can't seem to touch Advanced Power Management because it isn't supported or something...

Anyway, wish me luck
biggrin.gif

Ty

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smash bros game has had issues with freezing regardless of hard drive being used.

What cios do you have installed? If your running waninkokos you should be using Rev17 and that was supposed to fix the issues with the game.

If your already using Rev17 and its still freezing it could be your hard drive spinning down or it could be a bad dump of the game.

You could try re ripping the game or use hermes cios 222 instead.

I have a hard drive that i was using waninkokos cios with and every game would lock up and freeze within 2-3 minutes.I switched to cios 222 and now nothing locks up or freezes everything plays perfect.

Disco-Tek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
smash bros game has had issues with freezing regardless of hard drive being used.

What cios do you have installed? If your running waninkokos you should be using Rev17 and that was supposed to fix the issues with the game.

If your already using Rev17 and its still freezing it could be your hard drive spinning down or it could be a bad dump of the game.

I have a hard drive that i was using waninkokos cios with and every game would lock up and freeze within 2-3 minutes.I switched to cios 222 and now nothing locks up or freezes everything plays perfect.
Hm, I don't know, Kinda noob here, but I can tell you that I followed the 3.1 to 4.1 tutorial of Doggegs of wiihacks.. And I am using Hermes cios 222 specially for SSBB wich seems to have fixed the crashing of the second level... Also, I also have problems with Muramasa, after some time of playing when I go to another stage/level it turns black and well it just stays like that...

EDIT: Anyway, I tried to turn off the power save mode, and shall see later if it's working, then I will post here what the results are.

Thanks !

Disco-Tek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disco-Tek said:
icpmattj said:

Hm, I don't know, Kinda noob here, but I can tell you that I followed the 3.1 to 4.1 tutorial of Doggegs of wiihacks.. And I am using Hermes cios 222 specially for SSBB wich seems to have fixed the crashing of the second level... Also, I also have problems with Muramasa, after some time of playing when I go to another stage/level it turns black and well it just stays like that...

EDIT: Anyway, I tried to turn off the power save mode, and shall see later if it's working, then I will post here what the results are.

Thanks !
I tried my wii again, and it freezed again when I tried to fight Giant bowser in stage 6 or 7 and my HDD didn't seem to spin down as I could see the standby sign still flashing...

And I have r17 installed, used with Hermes Cios 222 and wiiflow..

Any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol