Hacking HDD Issue

Parrot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Being pretty clueless, I followed the Softmod guide from the 'Wii - Hacking' forum and surprisingly, I managed it. Now I'm the proud own of the HBC on my machine. I've been using Neogamma R7 for my DVDs and it's been great. When I remembered I had a spare HDD (500GB Maxtor Diamondmax 11) and a generic drive enclosure knocking about, I figured I'd give that a try too.

So I grabbed WBFS Manager, formatted the drive and transferred an image to it. Plugging it into the correct USB port, I found the title in Neogamma and ran it. All worked fine. No more DVD drive rattling away, lovely.

Attached the drive back to the PC and transferred another image. This time when I Pressed A to mount WBFS, the menu vanished (leaving the logo at the top and the version number at the bottom) and it all just sits there. There's a light on the enclosure that usually flickers and flashes showing access but after pressing A, it just flickers repeatedly, every half second or so.

Tried reformatting the drive, copying the images again and also using other loaders. In CoverFloader, it stops on the "Initialize WBFS Game List..." message. In USB Loader GX, the background comes up, the 'music' plays and I have a pointer but that's all it manages. They both just sit there with the enclosure light flickering.

I didn't have my hopes up too much (re: being clueless and everything) but to have it work the first time and then nothing, has kind of wound me up.
wacko.gif

Any help would be appreciated.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like damaged hardware, possibly. When you reconnect the drive to your PC, can WBFS manager tell what games are on the drive?

Parrot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, when I connect the drive back on the PC, WBFS Manager lists what's on the drive fine.

I read somewhere about someone else having problems (probably unrelated to mine) but they tried extracting a game and that fixed their problem. I don't know what checking WBFS Manager does when it's pulling something off the drive but I tried that too and it managed it without any complaints.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC. +1