OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is in the right section.

Today I bought a 320GB Seagate GoFlex USB HDD to run backups off of. I installed WBFS Manager 3.0.1, ran it as administrator, and formatted the H drive to WBFS. It said it formatted succesfully. However, if I went to Computer and highlighted the drive, it still listed its filesystem as NTFS. If I close WBFS Manager and try to load, it gives me an error saying that the drive isn't formatted to WBFS. I thought maybe the files on the drive were preventing it from formatting (They weren't removed when I tried to format), so I moved them to the recycle bin and tried again, and got an error saying WBFS Manager couldn't read the drive statistics, so I restored the files and got the same issue as before. Can anyone help with this particularly frustrating problem? Is my HDD just immune to formatting?

smuddge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go into disk management and delete the partitions on it.
create a new partition on the drive next in disk management.
open wfsb manager and format the drive.
load the drive now and see what happens.
could be some sort of disk util from seagate that is stopping it from working properly so del all partitions should solve that.
if not pull the drive from the enclosure and follow the same instructions with it just connected sata to your pc.
if it works put it back in enclosure and try to load it. if it all fails post back and i will help more.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being a noob, but how do I get into Disk Management? I haven't had to mess with HDDs much before, so this is pretty new to me. I'm on Vista if that matters.

PeregrinFig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I deleted the partition like you said, and now the H drive just doesn't show up, and I have no idea how to add a new partition to something I can't select.

EDIT: Nevermind, adding it now. Is it normal that it's taking an incredibly long time to format?

metalashell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recommend using Wii Backup Manager rather than WBFS Manager. It's not as simple to use but it works a lot better. And with WBFS manager it messed up a transfer once and I had to get all my rips again.

PeregrinFig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I meant to post earlier, thanks for the suggestions. It looks like Seagate had something on there to prevent formatting. Deleting the entire volume and then recreating it worked like a charm, I have no problem running games with USB Loader GX now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)