Hacking HDD Choice

  • Thread starter Thread starter djda
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,240
  • Replies Replies 5

djda

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
240
Reaction score
2
Trophies
1
Website
Visit site
XP
41
Country
Barbados
Hello i am about to purchase a new HDD and im not to sure if i should choose a 3.5 Powered Desktop HDD vs a 2.5 Laptop HDD
Will the wii be able to power the 2.5 HDD and will it run as well as the 3.5 anyone have any past experience with the 2 differences? many thanks
 
I have a Seagate FreeAgent Go - 500GB ... (NOT "Desk" ...)

It works like a DREAM ! It's small, compact as heck, and requires NO external power. Just plug the single USB cable and away you go.

Comes in Black, Silver, Blue and Red !
smile.gif


It's 2.5" btw
 
Kosaic said:
I have a Seagate FreeAgent Go - 500GB ... (NOT "Desk" ...)

It works like a DREAM ! It's small, compact as heck, and requires NO external power. Just plug the single USB cable and away you go.

Coems in Black, Silver, Blue and Red !
smile.gif


It's 2.5" btw

I have the same frive as you but I also have random freezes in Okami (power management set to "never"). Have you the same problem is this game or in other game(s) ?
Thansk.
 
Linuks said:
Kosaic said:
I have a Seagate FreeAgent Go - 500GB ... (NOT "Desk" ...)

It works like a DREAM ! It's small, compact as heck, and requires NO external power. Just plug the single USB cable and away you go.

Coems in Black, Silver, Blue and Red !
smile.gif


It's 2.5" btw

I have the same frive as you but I also have random freezes in Okami (power management set to "never"). Have you the same problem is this game or in other game(s) ?
Thansk.

I have NEVER had a freeze (once I set the power to "never") ... works flawlessly on all games.
 
Well this clears up my decision thanks alot for all the input everyone

And at my local store there are housings and the drives that come seperately as well as the HD already in the housing which would be better the ones that i put together myself are cheaper however i suppose there is no warranty or anything which is easier in your opinion?
 

Site & Scene News