Homebrew Discussion [HBG/SHOP] The new FreeShop for the Nintendo Switch [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiraR46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yes, i tried google dns, 90DNS and auto dns with and without incognito, all gives the same result. Just in case of ISP's problem, I even tried proxy. Didn't work...

i have a problem with that tho, can't download update speed 0.0mb/s
and how to use shared saves? when i tried it will freeze

tomulos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a problem with that tho, can't download update speed 0.0mb/s
and how to use shared saves? when i tried it will freeze
Didn't try shared saves, but I got this 0.0mb/s problem too, still couldn't figure it out...

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys i am trying to install hbg shop but after deleting old tinfoil and copied the folder downloaded from hbg site after i tap on tinfoil installer i got this:" error code 2123-0011. an error as occurred. please restart the console from power options in the power menu (hold the power button for three seconds)."
I tried few times rebooting but no luck

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there any way to have Tinfoil and the shop without having it forcing installation on its own?
Like just have it as a standard NRO, without it forcing itself as an NSP install (and without prompt too)

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to have Tinfoil and the shop without having it forcing installation on its own?
Like just have it as a standard NRO, without it forcing itself as an NSP install (and without prompt too)

It is not a NRO at all, it is only a NSP. The NRO you download isnt tinfoil at all, just installs the NSP.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is not a NRO at all, it is only a NSP. The NRO you download isnt tinfoil at all, just installs the NSP.
I'm aware of that, I was just wondering if there is a standalone NRO for Tinfoil so we don't have to install any homebrew NSPs on the system.

MaxToTheMax

Officially Ranked 3796th.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think COVID-19 and the amount of people download from HBG is why it was shutdown.
You should pirate anyway! Only legal backups :gun:

I'm aware of that, I was just wondering if there is a standalone NRO for Tinfoil so we don't have to install any homebrew NSPs on the system.
Litium/AwooInstaller/GoldLeaf but the nsp version is almost always better.

personaly, only used HBG for updates.

Seriously, using Discord as some sort of warez server is kinda idiotic to say the least.
If you really want to have a server where you can download games from using a hombrew app, then do so in a server settled in a country where Nintendo's bullshit legal policies do nothing but tickles.
Go for a Russian or Chinese server.

Nothing "bullshit" about wanting to make money. Nintendo doesn't make games out of the goodness of their hearts...

TouToTheHouYo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Is there a particular reason why games released past March 27th (03-27) wouldn't be appearing on the shop?

I had to manually update the HBG app to 8.1, downloaded from their website, on my brothers Switch (FW 9.1.0) and went ahead and installed Blawar's latest Neutos Atmosphere fork knowing that standard Atmosphere would eventually interfere with the HBG shop. The Switch works just fine, games load and play, Tinfoil installed without issue, but upon executing the app it didn't initially show games, updates, or DLC. Didn't indicate it needed to update or anything. For whatever reason the app installation didn't include the various HBG shop URLs so I put those in, as well as the recently resurrected "JITS" URL, and now the relevant download categories show but only display games released on or before March 27th.

The app version is 8.1.0, revision 40. I didn't copy over the exfs or kip patch folders as I presumed those would be unnecessary with Neutos. This Switch doesn't have an SX OS lisence.

kogan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can't see new dlc, updates, and everytime I have to install a new game, I try to play to it and it says that need to be updated..how come?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
dunno if my post here helps, basically make sure you have both secondarys available and set hekate ipl accordingly for stock and atmos

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard...s-for-atmosphere.521164/page-108#post-9017342

Yeah just figured it myself mate but not sure it's a proper solution. Literally copied the forked atmosphere over then replaced just the fusee-secondary with the stock atmosphere one.

Modded boots fine and now so does unmodded. Hopefully no strange side effects, I like your idea of a seperate location for the stock secondary and may give that a go if so.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah just figured it myself mate but not sure it's a proper solution. Literally copied the forked atmosphere over then replaced just the fusee-secondary with the stock atmosphere one.

Modded boots fine and now so does unmodded. Hopefully no strange side effects, I like your idea of a seperate location for the stock secondary and may give that a go if so.[/but whatever works is good

Modded boots fine and now so does unmodded. Hopefully no strange side effects, I like your idea of a seperate location for the stock secondary and may give that a go if so.
ok, not sure what may work or not, just reporting what worked for me.
all i do know is that booting stock with my old hekate after copying over neutos just gave a black screen whereas.normal atmos secondary worked ok, as you say

Legend Of Kay

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does using the icognito function of Tinfoil on emunand only wipe the data on the emunand? if you boot sysnand you can still go onto nintendo online etc?

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Neutos loader installed I noticed it auto boots to emummc. Is it possible to still boot to stock fw like hekate had the option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A