HBC stopped working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Carty1970, Apr 7, 2009.

Apr 7, 2009

HBC stopped working by Carty1970 at 10:08 AM (508 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Carty1970
    OP

Newcomer Carty1970 Member

United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I'm a long time lurker, first time poster [​IMG]

I've got a PAL Wii with a cyclowiz installed, have had HBC installed via TP hack and have been able to play VC WADs, homebrew, USB ISOs and the whole works. I updated to 4.0 using the Nintendo updater (yes I know, I know) but everything was fine however yesterday I noticed that some game ISOs were locking up. I tried multiple HDDs and they always locked up in the same place.

To cut a long story short I downgraded from 4.0 to 3.2, followed the guides on here to the letter to update from 3.2E to 4.0E and voila, I'm back where I started and the USB ISOs no longer lock up.

Just to be safe I decided to install preloader but it would not install so I decided to try to install StartPatch. I got the -1017 error and the suggested solution to this was to manually install Ios36-64-v1042 wad. I tried this and now my HBC doesn't work any more, it just resets to the Wii dashboard whenever I load it. (Note this is not a Startpatch issue, this is most likely just plain old user incompetence)

My Wii Loader Channel also disappeared! So now I can't run HBC or install any homebrew, yet all my currently installed channels (VC/Wiiware wads and BNRbandit created custom game channels) all work fine.

Is there anything I can do now? Am I locked out?

2. Carty1970
    OP

Newcomer Carty1970 Member

United Kingdom
    Miraculously I seem to have managed to get somewhere near sorting myself out.

I couldn't install anything as HBC was gone and I couldn't get it back. Also my USB loader channel was gone but I had some dedicated USB game channels set up already.

Obviously I'm a total bloody n00b at this but I figured that even though I couldn't install anything via disk, TP hack or through the SD I could still access ISOs on my USB HDD, so could I do anything there?

I tried to replace the main.dol file in one of my ISOs to that of the wad manager and it worked! So I installed a USB loader channel, which worked.

Homebrew channel ISO refused to install. Hmmm. Anyregion changer ISO worked and I managed to at least partially downgrade to 3.2E. Instaled HBC .8 and it worked! Yay!

As soon as I ran it it prompted me to update, and it couldn't install. Anyway, half an hour of mucking about later I've managed to get HBC .9 back and am updating to 4.0 using Waninkoko's package.

Phew [​IMG]