Hacking HBC only bubbles - anyone solved yet?

gcunit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded a friend's wii late last year I think using the "Modify any wii 4.3 below" thread. It worked fine, I played a backup game via neogamma etc. - no probs.

My friend then didn't use the Wii until now and something isn't working properly. The HBC launches, you can click the Start button and the bubbles screen comes up, but then nothing else...

Other people have had this in the past, I've seen on Google, but none of the threads ever get finished with a solution. As with at least one other thread, nothing has changed with the SD card etc. - it has simply stopped loading the menu that would allow me to launch neogamma, wadmanager etc.

Has anyone figured out what causes this?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You could try updating your HBC, but check if your HBC is able to access apps saved to a FAT32 usb hard drive, also check if another sd card works. If the former works but the latter fails, I would guess you have a busted sd card slot. If the latter works, then ur SD card is busted (or u could also just see if your computer is able to read the SD card to determine the same thing)

gcunit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg - the daft bitch deleted neogamma!!!

I realised the apps folder wasn't exactly as it should be so I put a neogamma folder back in the apps folder and loaded it.

When the Neogamma menu came up on the wii she says "yeah this came up so I clicked it" and then of course, for whatever reason, on the next screen you have the option to delete it, which she did.

Women.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Whoa! Wrong attitude there, pal. Trust me on this...in this situation, what you want to say is something in the lines of

"(on a casual voice) yeah, well, there was an synchronisation issue with the UI that caused a outage on the HBC. It's okay, though. I had to restore the app from the browser storage, so it should be fine now. Wanna play a game?
smile.gif
"

Don't tell her it's her fault. If she follows the technical slang, make sure to blame Team Twiizers for putting a 'delete' button right next to the one she needed.

The reason? Women like to be treated that way. And they go moist over someone who knows what he's doing.
wink.gif

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I agree the HBC should have a "parental control" or "blond girlfriend" button.
rolleyes.gif

You could look for a channel forwarder for the neogamma homebrew, so that you don't need to pass the HBC.
I use my HBC as a system service tool only. It's like the spare tire of a car....

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
NEVER make excuses for woman being so stupid that they decide to be click happy instead of reading whats on the screen. If my girl ever did that then I would yell at her. It was her mistake, not TT. And quite frankly, if you have a woman that is stupid just like mine, then you should be smart enough to use forwarder channels so that she doesn't ever accidentally delete something again, otherwise it will make you an idiot too.

Delete my app once, shame on you. Delete my app twice, shame on me.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Disasterous said:
DeadlyFoez said:
NEVER make excuses for woman being so stupid that they decide to be click happy instead of reading whats on the screen. If my girl ever did that then I would yell at her. It was her mistake, not TT. And quite frankly, if you have a woman that is stupid just like mine, then you should be smart enough to use forwarder channels so that she doesn't ever accidentally delete something again, otherwise it will make you an idiot too.

Delete my app once, shame on you. Delete my app twice, shame on me.

Just yelled at my wife for dropping her laptop and breaking the power jack n me spending forever taking the bastard apart. Shes friggin lucky the jack was $1.47 or id have stabbed her in a "non-usual" way
Amen. There should never be an excuse for stupidity unless that person is just really stupid, but then it's the care takers fault for allowing a stupid the ability to do something stupid.

Wow, this is all sounding way too stupid.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OncleJulien said:
there needs to be a dedicated forum here onsite for all these fictitious wives and girlfriends to congregate.
You mean the fictional wives that go around updating wii's, uninstalling cIOS'es or doing "other stuff" that causes problems? Or the fictitious wives we drag into our cave so we can yell furiously at her while waving a club around? ("roar! This MY wii! This high technology! You broke it! You stupid woman!*").

*I used to be like this...it was back when WBFS was new.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality