Hacking HBC not loading any apps

CrackedOutKid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was attempting to upgrade my softmodded Wii from 4.1 to 4.2 using this guide Complete Upgrading Guide from 4.1 to 4.2 and when I tried installing the IOS files through WadManager I received error #1017 for the majority of the files. So I went here WiiHacks Error Index and tried to solve the problem by installing a new IOS249, but that didn't work so I tried the altenative method which is this Alternative Method. When I got to step three "Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, this time using d-pad left/right to change the IOS, load IOS15 on first screen, select the IOS36 menu & install patched (select 'yes' on all 3 patches) IOS36 to slot 36, again using IOS from SD card." I received an error message stating that IOS36 could not be patched because it is a newer version. I then closed the program, restarted my Wii and booted it up to have a nice surprise, no unofficial channels work (Neogamma R7, Backup Launcher, WadManager etc...) and no apps except the Trucha Bug Restorer and cIOS38Rev14 Installer will load from my SD card through the HBC. The only programs that do work are channels like the internet browser and the weather channel, and virtual console games that I downloaded. Also the disc channel cannot play my official games, it says that I need to update the sytem which is wierd.

Any help would be massively appreciated even if it is telling me that I now own a worthless brick.

CrackedOutKid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Bannerbomb only let you install the HBC and then run apps from that? The HBC doesn't allow me to run any apps except for the few exceptions I listed above. How can I run single programs with Bannerbomb? Thanks for the reply btw.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CrackedOutKid said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Bannerbomb only let you install the HBC and then run apps from that? The HBC doesn't allow me to run any apps except for the few exceptions I listed above. How can I run single programs with Bannerbomb? Thanks for the reply btw.

Put the Loadmii boot.dol on the root of your SD Card and then use Loadmii to load any app.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
there is a trucha bug restorer (TBR) 1.0 and a TBR 1.1

TBR 1.0 is for 4.1 and below wiis
TBR 1.1 is for 4.2 wii's

each version requires different wads to be saved in the root directory of your sd card

get the right TBR for your firmware, then read the read me and download the required wads via nus downloader

that should patch IOS36, and from there, reinstall ios249, then do w/e u need 2 do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill