Hacking HBC HELP PLEASE!!!!!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
both r the same program. I'm afraid I don't have any experience with restoring system wads beyond extracting, manipulating, and reinserting the .app versions of the ios. I actually thought that's what u had to do if u brick the virtual wii, so I don't know.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should i be using showmiinand? there isnt anything showing up in the window. when i google how to use it it says about adding wads
load showmiiwads go to tools then go to extract bootmii dump then choose your nand.bin this will extract your nand but dont extract your ios58 read my previos post you need to find another way to extract ios58 but definetly extract your nand

insomniac45177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
load showmiiwads go to tools then go to extract bootmii dump then choose your nand.bin this will extract your nand but dont extract your ios58 read my previos post you need to find another way to extract ios58 but definetly extract your nand
so should i be concerned that nothing happens at all after i load it and click extract bootmii dump

insomniac45177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think that its a good dump

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is there nobody more knowledgeable on this specific issue online currently? i think most of us just assume my vwii is now dead. i hate this

D

Deleted User

vWii will never weight 512mb tbh.
My dump just weights roughly ~160mb and it's a fresh vWii dump.
Try to insert your extracted vWii IOS and drop it in slccmtp01 [I forgot the folder layout]

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i dont think that its a good dump

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is there nobody more knowledgeable on this specific issue online currently? i think most of us just assume my vwii is now dead. i hate this
You could try to ask @Cyan, I've seen him try to help people out with similar issues before.
But it seems like this is a difficult thing to fix. It should be doable with ftpiiu everywhere but you will need to use wupserver to change the permissions after replacing the files as well. However I've seen similar threads where a solution was never found (unless they figured it out since last time I read the threads)
You don't necessarily need a backup of your own NAND or IOS. But you will probably need someone else to provide theirs. Theoretically if you replace the IOS58 files with correct ones that are properly signed, and change the permissions to the correct ones, it should work. But I don't have enough knowledge about this to tell you how to do it, I only know what I know from reading other threads with similar problems.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to provide u with ios 58? that's against the rules I'm afraid. u should be able to download it with I think NUS. how u get it from wad to app format is the issue, and something I don't know how to do. ios 80, for example, is named: 0000001f.app if using a USA system. I believe the .app changes depending on region which is where it gets confusing.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can extract your nand dump then find the correct ios58 .app then replace it with ftpiiu everywhere or you will maybe need to use wupclient.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't aware wupclient had different permissions. there r two ftpii everywhere's as well, one for cbhc, the other for the normal system. u can find both on the homebrew store, so make sure to choose the right one. btw, when I replaced some tickets on cbhc, I don't recall a permissions issue unless this is just for ios or stuff tucked into the core os of the system. this also includes changing ios 80, but in that case it was just extracting the file, adding a theme to it, then putting it back, so there was no wad to app conversion there.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry I'm late to the party.
It would be nice to explain what you did to fix your issue, so it can help other users with the same problem.

What I understood is that you installed Wii WAD on your vWii. (really, tutorials should NEVER provide WAD files, because 1 it's illegal, 2 it's allowing people to do stupid install too easily).
But maybe I didn't understand your problem?

So, What I would have suggested is :
1. do not extract and repack the WADs from ShowmiiWads
2. do not get WADs from NUSD
both options are not generating proper WAD files.

3. if you can boot vWii system menu : do you have a Forwarder channel installed ? (if you did, you could have use it to launch a WAD installer).
That's probably how you did it, as HBC wasn't working.

4. someone would have helped you "find" the proper signed WAD files that you didn't backup yourself even if highly suggested in all hacking guides, and install these ones.

5. uninstall all Wii specific WADs : BC v6, DM, DML, Quadforce, MIOS v10

If you installed a wad you got from 1 or 2, are you sure everything is working fine ?
it could seem that everything is fine, but the WiiU could refuse to update if you are still on an older system version (though, you mentioned using WiiU homebrew, so I guess you already are on latest firmware).

insomniac45177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry I'm late to the party.
It would be nice to explain what you did to fix your issue, so it can help other users with the same problem.

What I understood is that you installed Wii WAD on your vWii. (really, tutorials should NEVER provide WAD files, because 1 it's illegal, 2 it's allowing people to do stupid install too easily).
But maybe I didn't understand your problem?

So, What I would have suggested is :
1. do not extract and repack the WADs from ShowmiiWads
2. do not get WADs from NUSD
both options are not generating proper WAD files.

3. if you can boot vWii system menu : do you have a Forwarder channel installed ? (if you did, you could have use it to launch a WAD installer).
That's probably how you did it, as HBC wasn't working.

4. someone would have helped you "find" the proper signed WAD files that you didn't backup yourself even if highly suggested in all hacking guides, and install these ones.

5. uninstall all Wii specific WADs : BC v6, DM, DML, Quadforce, MIOS v10

If you installed a wad you got from 1 or 2, are you sure everything is working fine ?
it could seem that everything is fine, but the WiiU could refuse to update if you are still on an older system version (though, you mentioned using WiiU homebrew, so I guess you already are on latest firmware).

the only thing that finally helped me was i took my wuphax that i was using to install hackmii installer on my vWii and i replace the boot.elf file with the modmii boot.dol. once i replaced it i just changed the modmii boot.dol to boot.elf. only changed to file extension. when i went back to Wii U mode and i launched the wuphax again it loaded me right into modmii. from there i pulled up a list of what ios's and their versions that i was supposed to have and i was able to replace what was not needed with what was needed. in total i believe i had 5 that i had to replace but after getting my ios58 worked out which was my first one, i had all my functionality back that i didnt have before. if anybody has this same issue please dont hesitate to ask. i will do anything i can to help you through it.

Reactions: Cyan and Kafluke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...