Hacking HBC + Apps = Jumpy Cursor / Unresponsive :: Updates Fail!

tedrogers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SOLVED!

Hi there,

So some background first....

I have a 3.4E Wii with HBC 0.6. I put IOS222 (Hermes) onto it to bring it right up to date as indicated here:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios2a22-223

Everything was running fine and then for no reason I'm aware of, one day I noticed the cursor was jumping around rather than scrolling smoothly. It was doing this in my Configurable USB Loader (release 60 - 222mload) and NOT in the main Wii System menu or in any games. I tried a few different versions of Configurable USB Loader, older and new Beta's, but they were all the same as regards the pointer operation.

I tired a different Wii remote and recalibrated the sensor bar / cleaned it etc. but this made no difference.

I cleaned the sensor bar too and checked that all the infrareds were working using a digital camera phone to see them - all looks good and seems to be working, and anyway, it is fine in the Wii System menu and games.

I then noticed that this strange behaviour was happening in all HBC apps, so USB Loader GX, main HBC, Loadmii etc. Anything that sits on top of the HBC has this problem. Bootmii does not, I guess because it runs at a lower level and does not sit on top of HBC. Correct me if I'm wrong on this please.

Loadmii v0.3 is particularly sluggish, which is nuts considering there is nothing more than some text on screen!

So I tried to update HBC from 0.6 to 0.8, and I tried this via two methods, the auto internet update and the Hackmii installer from an SD card. Both of these failed giving the following screen dump errors:

HomebrewBrowserfailuremessage.jpg

I read somewhere that this error happens because there are USB devices in the back...so I removed them all and tried again but got the same memory dump page.
frown.gif

Can anyone explain what is going on here. I want to be able to update everything and get rid of this annoying jumpy cursor problem and unresponsive HBC apps. It is basically unusable in its current form.

Now I'm no expert, but could this be because I have replaced standard IOS36 with Hermes IOS222/223? But then this does not explain why it has worked fine for months on IOS222/223.

Is there any way I can go back to a standard unhacked Wii and start over?? Although I'd rather not do this unless I absolutely have to.

Help please!
wacko.gif

Thanks.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
tedrogers said:
Hi there,

So some background first....

I have a 3.4E Wii with HBC 0.6. I put IOS222 (Hermes) onto it to bring it right up to date as indicated here:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios2a22-223

Everything was running fine and then for no reason I'm aware of, one day I noticed the cursor was jumping around rather than scrolling smoothly. It was doing this in my Configurable USB Loader (release 60 - 222mload) and NOT in the main Wii System menu or in any games. I tried a few different versions of Configurable USB Loader, older and new Beta's, but they were all the same as regards the pointer operation.

I tired a different Wii remote and recalibrated the sensor bar / cleaned it etc. but this made no difference.

I cleaned the sensor bar too and checked that all the infrareds were working using a digital camera phone to see them - all looks good and seems to be working, and anyway, it is fine in the Wii System menu and games.

I then noticed that this strange behaviour was happening in all HBC apps, so USB Loader GX, main HBC, Loadmii etc. Anything that sits on top of the HBC has this problem. Bootmii does not, I guess because it runs at a lower level and does not sit on top of HBC. Correct me if I'm wrong on this please.

Loadmii v0.3 is particularly sluggish, which is nuts considering there is nothing more than some text on screen!

So I tried to update HBC from 0.6 to 0.8, and I tried this via two methods, the auto internet update and the Hackmii installer from an SD card. Both of these failed giving the following screen dump errors:

HomebrewBrowserfailuremessage.jpg

I read somewhere that this error happens because there are USB devices in the back...so I removed them all and tried again but got the same memory dump page.
frown.gif

Can anyone explain what is going on here. I want to be able to update everything and get rid of this annoying jumpy cursor problem and unresponsive HBC apps. It is basically unusable in its current form.

Now I'm no expert, but could this be because I have replaced standard IOS36 with Hermes IOS222/223? But then this does not explain why it has worked fine for months on IOS222/223.

Is there any way I can go back to a standard unhacked Wii and start over?? Although I'd rather not do this unless I absolutely have to.

Help please!
wacko.gif

Thanks.

Use smashstack and restore IOS 36 through DOP-MII Wiibrew Edition , as Regular Dop-mii uses IOS36. Then Uninstall the HBC. Then reinstall through SmashStack. To restore your Hermes IOS, erase whatever is in IOS 222 and 223 using DOP-MII and reinstall.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
The best way to put your system up to date is using modmii and remod as a virgin. Its been tested over and over and so far i have never heard a brick with modmii. It has everything and explains it all. just follow the sticky

tedrogers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the advice all....I will look into Modmii.

Here's the output of SysCheck:

Code:
[b]sysCheckÂÂÂÂv2.0.1ÂÂÂÂbyÂÂÂÂDouble_AÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
...runsÂÂÂÂonÂÂÂÂIOS58ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ6175).ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Region:ÂÂÂÂPALÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
SystemÂÂÂÂMenuÂÂÂÂ3.4EÂÂÂÂ(v386)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
HollywoodÂÂÂÂv0x11ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ConsoleÂÂÂÂID:ÂÂÂÂXXXXXXXXXÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Boot2ÂÂÂÂv3ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
FoundÂÂÂÂ168ÂÂÂÂtitles.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
FoundÂÂÂÂ32ÂÂÂÂIOSÂÂÂÂonÂÂÂÂthisÂÂÂÂconsole.ÂÂÂÂ5ÂÂÂÂofÂÂÂÂthemÂÂÂÂareÂÂÂÂstub.
IOS4ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ65280):ÂÂÂÂStubÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS9ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ520):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS10ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ768):ÂÂÂÂStubÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS11ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ256):ÂÂÂÂStubÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS12ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ11):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS13ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ15):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS14ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ262):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS15ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ265):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS16ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ257):ÂÂÂÂTruchaÂÂÂÂBug,ÂÂÂÂESÂÂÂÂIdentify,ÂÂÂÂFlashÂÂÂÂAccess,ÂÂÂÂNANDÂÂÂÂAccess
IOS17ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ517):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS20ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ256):ÂÂÂÂStubÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS21ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ522):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS22ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ777):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS28ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ1292):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS30ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ2816):ÂÂÂÂStubÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS31ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ3088):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS33ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ2832):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS34ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ3087):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS35ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ3088):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS36ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ3090):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS37ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ3609):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS38ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ3610):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS50ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ4889):ÂÂÂÂTruchaÂÂÂÂBugÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS51ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ4633):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS53ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ5149):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS55ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ5149):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS58ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ6175):ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂPatchesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS222ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ4):ÂÂÂÂTruchaÂÂÂÂBug,ÂÂÂÂESÂÂÂÂIdentify,ÂÂÂÂNANDÂÂÂÂAccess,ÂÂÂÂUSBÂÂÂÂ2
IOS223ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ4):ÂÂÂÂTruchaÂÂÂÂBug,ÂÂÂÂESÂÂÂÂIdentify,ÂÂÂÂNANDÂÂÂÂAccess,ÂÂÂÂUSBÂÂÂÂ2
IOS249ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ14):ÂÂÂÂTruchaÂÂÂÂBug,ÂÂÂÂESÂÂÂÂIdentify,ÂÂÂÂNANDÂÂÂÂAccess,ÂÂÂÂUSBÂÂÂÂ2
IOS250ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ65535):ÂÂÂÂTruchaÂÂÂÂBug,ÂÂÂÂESÂÂÂÂIdentify,ÂÂÂÂNANDÂÂÂÂAccess,ÂÂÂÂUSBÂÂÂÂ2
IOS254ÂÂÂÂ(revÂÂÂÂ65281):ÂÂÂÂBootMiiÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
BCÂÂÂÂv5ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
MIOSÂÂÂÂv8ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ReportÂÂÂÂgeneratedÂÂÂÂonÂÂÂÂ2010/11/03.[/b]

Hopefully you will be able to spot something that is not right.

Thanks.

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using the original sensor bar or one of those aftermarket ones that plug into the usb port?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First off all, you did'nt "replace IOS 36". It's called ios 222 and 223 and 224 because it will install in slot 222,223,224.
It won't replace anything. So that's not your problem.
Did you install IOS 236? ( instead of 36...)

Also the HBC uses IOS 61 or 58.

DIM the lights in your house when playuing games.
Also in the wii setting you can set how the sensor bar reacts on light.
This can help the stuttering. ITS ALL IN THE WII'S MANUAL.

plus your Wii is hopeless out of date.
Do modmii. Or do a format and rehack.

tedrogers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
First off all, you did'nt "replace IOS 36". It's called ios 222 and 223 and 224 because it will install in slot 222,223,224.
It won't replace anything. So that's not your problem.
Did you install IOS 236? ( instead of 36...)

Also the HBC uses IOS 61 or 58.

DIM the lights in your house when playuing games.
Also in the wii setting you can set how the sensor bar reacts on light.
This can help the stuttering. ITS ALL IN THE WII'S MANUAL.

plus your Wii is hopeless out of date.
Do modmii. Or do a format and rehack.

The sensor bar is the original and all IR's are working (tested using camera phone to see them).

The remote is fine in games and main system menu, just in HBC and related apps (Load Mii, WAD Manager etc) is jumpy and unresponsive / slow. Loadmii in particular can take 1 or 2 minutes to move up and down one menu item. This is usually done in less than a second.

What do you mean the Wii is hopelessly out of date? I'm very interested in this point. I know my Wii is 3.4E, but this isn't a problem right? What would having 4.1 or 4.2 firmware offer me that 3.4 doesn't?

I would rather know the advantages before rehacking or doing a modmii, although modmii does look very easy compared with other methods.

Thanks.

tedrogers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, it turned out to be a faulty nunchuck which made HBC and HB apps jumpy and unresponsive!!

It also caused the DSI Exception dump too.

If I disconnect the nunchuck when I have a jumpy cursor, everything returns to normal and smooth pointer operation.

Strange, but true.

I'm glad I have a solution anyway, and I hope someone else can benefit from my experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse