Hacking HBC 1.0.8 Update

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiibricker, I said not needed. "NOT NEEDED" don't take that any other way

speed tests were done, those double speed are inflated. tests indicated around 2.5 to 2.2 MB/s. that's not near double

edit: sorry, I appologize, those numbers were writes. reads were done a few times and got closer with tweaking. better setup and the gap would be closed even more

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
megazig said:
wiibricker. see WiiMC channel. does not use cIOS
Yes, but there are a lot of Channels out there in wad format. And those channels needs an IOS with trucha bug an NAND Access.

However there is a tool named Crazy Installer with which you can make your own Channel Installers and even choose its IOS. So would it be possible to install those channels with IOS58?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
With AHBPROT it needs 3 coders to create an installer after 1 year of that feature's announcement...

With cios, it takes only half an hour
smile.gif

@WiiBricker : Crazy Installer creates installers just like initial releases of HBC. It contains a wad installer and a stub wad... Size is restricted and you can't use it to install system stuff as I deliberately disabled it. (checks the title id)

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
megazig said:
nothing needs cIOS for install. not wads, not anything. they just need better coders
If you say so, then how about making a "legal" Installer that is capable of installing legal channels only?
What purpose would that serve to the 99.9% of pirate users? It's still a channel, its still a "modification" installed on a wii that Nintendo does not want you to do haha.

And what other channels would be needed to be "CLEAN". Who give's a fuck, this is clean like HBC, cant imagine seeing anymore!.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
UranusKiller said:
WiiBricker said:
megazig said:
nothing needs cIOS for install. not wads, not anything. they just need better coders
If you say so, then how about making a "legal" Installer that is capable of installing legal channels only?
What purpose would that serve to the 99.9% of pirate users? It's still a channel, its still a "modification" installed on a wii that Nintendo does not want you to do haha.

And what other channels would be needed to be "CLEAN". Who give's a fuck, this is clean like HBC, cant imagine seeing anymore!.

You missed the point. Team Twiizers are against piracy and now they're removing apps that are capable of install fakesigned stuff from a wiki (which is in contradiction with the nature of wiki btw) to provent new users to get in touch with that bad and evil fakesign stuff at all because they know, that those users would use fakesign to install illegal stuff.

But you guys need to understand that not all people that uses fakesign are pirates and there are still many awesome custom Channels out there that would love to have a rendes vouz with the Wiis NAND.

So I say, if you block fakesigning, then make a legal Installer that does not need fakesigning stuff at all. I recall Leathl claiming that this is indeed possible.

Tom191

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow. I really vote that this topic get closed. I can't believe all the crap going on in here and everyone feel the needs to share their view about things, but nothing productive at all is happening here and this is turning into the so many other recent threads here. Kinda sad.

wiiiiimiiiii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is so much fail in this thread...
this wasn't some anti-piracy move, yet you ppl keep basing nonsense on that very assumption - which is wrong in the first place. this isn't a conspiracy, it's all in your head. maybe you should try pulling it out of your asses for once.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
elimist said:
QUOTE said:
For all you know, Nintendo has finally responded to their 'reaching out' while also reaching for their checkbook. Everyone has a price.
+1
I updated to 1.0.8 without thinking as soon as I saw it on hbc but I will probably never update again.

Updating or not is irrelevant. All they did was pull hosting for some programs on wiibrew.org.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
svpe said:
Sketter said:
How long do you think until they start blacklisting apps from HBC?

We're not going to blacklist anything.
Can you tell us in clear and precise terms what data HBC sends back to the mothership? And to what end. If the HBC is now only intended to install with an official Nintendo IOS, there should be no more need to collect any data about what is or isn't installed on someone's Wii anymore, for the supposed purpose of making your app more compatible, right?

Also, I agree. Blacklisting would be too time consuming when instead you can simply whitelist the apps you approve of, which would be a lot more difficult to circumvent, if not impossible.

Thanks for any info you can provide about this wonderful HBC of yours.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Skizzo said:
Also, I agree. Blacklisting would be too time consuming when instead you can simply whitelist the apps you approve of, which would be a lot more difficult to circumvent, if not impossible.

Whitelisting would be pointless, HBC is about allowing people to run homebrew.

Everyone seems to be missing the point (on purpose??).

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
smf said:
Whitelisting would be pointless, HBC is about allowing people to run homebrew.Everyone seems to be missing the point (on purpose??).
This. I thought IOS58 is just for better stability, USB2 and nothing else? Who really cares about piracy, non-piracy or whatever. Maybe someone really just wants to try a game before he buys, would anyone want to lock out these people too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: whats a dairy queen?